JCB 3CX Powershift

Discuss loaders/backhoes here

Topic author
Mattmatters

JCB 3CX Powershift

Post #1 by Mattmatters » Tue Aug 05, 2014 8:32 am

I'm in charge of a "road hard, put away wet" 2003 JCB 3cx power shift Back Hoe here in Vanuatu, South Pacific. One of my "Bush" mechanics pulled all the wires from the solenoids on the transmission and we can't figure out where or what sequence they go back on. So need some direction on hooking up the wires. Did download one of the manuals you have on this site but it does not show any info on the power shift/side shift transmission.
Any thoughts or direction out there?
Mattmatters

philwheelton
Flag: Great Britain

Re: JCB 3CX Powershift

Post #2 by philwheelton » Tue Aug 05, 2014 9:41 pm

There should be only 4 wires needed 2 should be earths and one live each for forward and reverse ,if you have a test light you can work out which wires are live when you select either forward or reverse.

Topic author
Mattmatters

Post #3 by Mattmatters » Tue Aug 05, 2014 11:51 pm

From what we have learned, the Powershift transmission has 4 speeds in either forward or reverse. On the upper right (looking forward) or starboard side of the transmission, there is a shift block with a mix of switches and solenoids. There are 14-16 wires and we have 12 hanging loose. I agree that we can switch through forward and reverse and even the 4 speeds finding which wires are activated by the control but then where do we attach them? Help!
Mattmatters

philwheelton
Flag: Great Britain

Post #4 by philwheelton » Wed Aug 06, 2014 12:11 am

Sorry misread the age of your m/c , thought it was only forward /reverse

Return to “Loaders/Backhoes”