ford 13/6 digger

Discuss loaders/backhoes here

Topic author
sid

ford 13/6 digger

Post #1 by sid » Sun Mar 16, 2014 8:44 pm

Hi I'm new here,

Attached a photo of my Ford 13/6 digger. It was repainted yellow as opposed to it's original lime green colour. The cab has been removed.

This is a pre Auto-dig machine.

I have owned this digger for about 10 years.

Can anyone tell me how much hydraulic fluid it takes to fill the system and if I do fill it do I have to bleed it? The machine is working great at the moment but the hydraulic fluid is very creamy coloured suggesting that there is water in it. Is it safe to use it in this condition?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

topkit
Flag: Great Britain

Re: ford 13/6 digger

Post #2 by topkit » Sun Mar 16, 2014 9:31 pm

Hi and welcome to the forum, for a machine of that age i would be inclined to go for a 46 grade hydraulic oil, i cant remember where the drain and fill points are on the 13-6 but i would drain it and fit a new filter, i am pretty sure you should not have to bleed it once done. Do you know where your machine originally came from by any chance, also someone has recently been breaking one up on ebay so it may be worth a look if you are after any parts.

Topic author
sid

Post #3 by sid » Fri Mar 21, 2014 12:51 pm

Thank you very much for your reply.

I wonder if anyone knows where the filter is for the hydraulic fluid.

The Machine (according to a plate on the front loader arm) originated in Copenhagen. The plate also shows a serial no. (not completely readable) an another no. 19-50.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

topkit
Flag: Great Britain

Post #4 by topkit » Fri Mar 21, 2014 7:48 pm

I have a few brochures on these and the 3550 /4550 and it looks like the filler and dipstick for the hydraulics is found on the nose section of the digger in front of the bonnet there should be a section of the nose that lifts to reveal the filling point it looks like the middle raised section that lifts up, hope that helps

Return to “Loaders/Backhoes”