Bleeding JCB 2CX!

Discuss loaders/backhoes here

jcb4cx
Flag: Great Britain

Re: Bleeding JCB 2CX!

Post #11 by jcb4cx » Fri Jul 20, 2012 9:29 pm

tank to sediment bowl ,then to lift pump from there to the primary fuel filter and on to the injector pump
you should have a bleed screw on top of the sediment bowl , loosen this and pump lift pump , diesel should start to appear in bowl , if not check flow from tank to lift pump , if you have diesel at bowl , shut bleed screw and continue to pump until diesel appears at the top of primary filter where you have it loose already
if you get diesel there , do that up , crack a couple of injectors and wind it over , might take a little while
make sure all joints /seals are good and tight

you dont have and antitheft device with a fuel shutoff fitted do you
Last edited by jcb4cx on Fri Jul 20, 2012 10:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
every village has one , is yours missing you

Topic author
asicomputer

Post #12 by asicomputer » Fri Jul 20, 2012 9:56 pm

I'm not sure about the anti theft device but if I try and clear the pipes with the air compressor and then bit by bit re-assemble it, and pump with the ignition on it should work. If it dosen't then I guess I'll have to look at the fuel pump and just start at square 1 and keep working my way along to find the troubles

jcb4cx

Post #13 by jcb4cx » Fri Jul 20, 2012 10:02 pm

start from the source , the tank and work from there :thumbup:

philwheelton

Post #14 by philwheelton » Fri Jul 20, 2012 10:08 pm

the fuel comes out of the tank into the sediment trap then to the lift pump then up to the filter then to the injection pump, you can remove the fuel filter then pump the lift pump to see if you have fuel up to the filter if not make sure you can blow down the pipe back to tank from the sediment trap the one with 3/4-19mm nut this is the feed from tank the small 1/2-13mm one goes to the lift pump.

philwheelton

Post #15 by philwheelton » Fri Jul 20, 2012 10:12 pm

in the pic of the lift pump there is a filter on the inlet pipe in the 27mm nut that could be blocked

jcb4cx

Post #16 by jcb4cx » Fri Jul 20, 2012 10:22 pm

opps yes i better edit that :oops:

Topic author
asicomputer

Post #17 by asicomputer » Fri Jul 20, 2012 10:24 pm

righto chaps thanks a lot, is the filter in the pump a wire mesh type or is it paper? I'm thinkin if it's wire I could clean it with compressed air, the answer to pretty much everything it seems!

martyn williams

Post #18 by martyn williams » Fri Jul 20, 2012 11:47 pm

I would check the fuel tank for contaminated fuel and deposits in the tank as the strainer looked well chocked up.Flush out the tank and top it to at least half full with clean diesel.Check fuel tap and pipework for blockage or restricted flow.The order of fuel flow should be tank,strainer, filter and injection pump inlet feed.
Martyn

Topic author
asicomputer

Post #19 by asicomputer » Sat Jul 21, 2012 12:17 pm

She's alive again! I managed to find an uncouth yet effective way of doing it. The strainer bowl was not on quite tight enough so I got the schwarzeneggar arms out and did that up stupidly tight. I then cracked open the pipe from the strainer to the fuel pump, interestingly that big nut is just an adaptor, nothing underneath it at all. I then undid the pipe between the strainer and the tank and blew back through with the air compressor from the stariner end. A few seconds later Diesel started pouring through. I then finger tightened the joint to allow the Diesel into the strainer. I repeated this until Diesel was pouring out of the fuel pump inlet pipe and did that up. I then undid the banjo bolt at the top of the screw on filter and used the fuel pump to push the Diesel through there. I then did that up and cracked the front 2 injector nuts open. I gave it a spin and it tried to fire but wouldn't quite on the unbled back 2 injectors so I got out and tightened up the front 2 injectors gave her a spin and she stared incredibly easily. I then went round and checked all the pipes were on tight and let her run for about 20 minutes and she didn't faulter once even when I tried the throttle no dead spots so I think that'll do nicely!

philwheelton

Post #20 by philwheelton » Sat Jul 21, 2012 10:06 pm

next time just fill the filter with fuel put back on, pump the lift pump a few times and it should start stright up

Return to “Loaders/Backhoes”