scrap

Talk about everything else here.

Topic author
d4c24a

scrap

Post #1 by d4c24a » Tue Aug 19, 2008 10:25 pm

on arrival at work this morning i noticed a large trail of black marks along the foot path along with wheel spin marks leading from a bt manhole :o i immediately knew what had been going on ;) i went and got the lid lifter from the van and yep sure enough there was the end of a lead / copper 2000 pair cable sat just under the water blowing bubbles :lol:
the local thieves had taken advantage of our road works and pulled out around a 100 odd metres of cable ,now bt have a lengthy and expensive repair bill :evil:
its bad enough falling down the open drains ,but now you cant ring for an ambulance
all done on the side of a busy road outside normal working hours
knowing less and less about more and more until pretty soon i will know almost nothing about practically everything

argie
Flag: Wales

Re: scrap

Post #2 by argie » Tue Aug 19, 2008 11:19 pm

Similar thing happened in North Wales a couple of months back. White van pulls up in the middle of the day, blokes jump out and set about erecting stripey barricades and the old stripey BT tents. Very efficient and official looking and only got caught after a local BT engineer went passed and clocked them! They had already got out and cut up over 150m of cable!!
Paul

Return to “Off Topic”