Fuel shortage !!!

Talk about everything else here.

Julian

Re: Fuel shortage !!!

Post #21 by Julian » Sun Apr 01, 2012 10:04 pm

v8detroit wrote:they were the days when you could run a v8 scania :lol:

I remember the hullabaloo when it hit £1/gallon. Post Suez crisis I think?

Julian.

Ian Fletcher1970
Flag: Great Britain

Post #22 by Ian Fletcher1970 » Sun Apr 01, 2012 10:07 pm

FOWLER MAN wrote:Hello Graham and Martyn,
When was this pic. taken :?: Compare the prices. :roll: :roll:
Fred
h3.jpg

Hi Fred - I'd say early 90's - when I passed my test in 1990 I could fill up for the week on £10 - plus I thought how expensive my car insurance was at £240 3rd party fire and theft for the year, when I was 19!!!!

Ian

v64paul

Post #23 by v64paul » Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:45 am

Hi guys, latest info i have is that the firm i work for have asked us if we are prepared to cross any picket line if the need arises ( we maintain several of the haulier's fleet ). Understandably the response was negative, in return we were told we would be sent home if this results in the work drying up. The fuel protest lobby was quoted in the papers as joining forces with unite to bring the country to a standstill. No evidence of this at Stanlow at the moment, usually up to a dozen protestors when it does. Contingency plans are in place but i know just what everyone else is being told. Squaddies were being introduced to the kit at the teminal last week, the general feeling is that they are'nt keen on doing the job.
You have to consider that the armed forces are low on resources as it is, so from that we assume that deliveries will be prioritised in the event of a dispute. The majority of drivers here have already got a five year pay deal so it is true that the dispute is'nt all about money. However terms and conditions differ widely, it's hard to be sympathetic over this because how many of you reading this can say you are happy? I'm not, but find myself in the position that i have to just get on with it. If and when there are any developments, i will let you know via this thread as soon as i can.
there are old fitters and bold fitters but no old bold fitters...

Return to “Off Topic”