how about this for a rare Gescha Piece

Discuss earthmoving models here

Topic author
topkit
Flag: Great Britain

how about this for a rare Gescha Piece

Post #1 by topkit » Thu Jul 19, 2012 9:55 pm

I have got a fair few obsolete models for sale thought i would share this little Gem
It's a Piece by Gescha so around 1974-5 note it's a Poclain 60 and not the 90 it's in Australian mining company Barriquand Colours, In over 30 years of collecting i have only ever come across two of these and a Poclain 160 in the same colours.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

v8detroit
Flag: Ireland

Re: how about this for a rare Gescha Piece

Post #2 by v8detroit » Fri Jul 20, 2012 7:42 pm

topkit wrote:I have got a fair few obsolete models for sale thought i would share this little Gem
It's a Piece by Gescha so around 1974-5 note it's a Poclain 60 and not the 90 it's in Australian mining company Barriquand Colours, In over 30 years of collecting i have only ever come across two of these and a Poclain 160 in the same colours.

i have only ever saw 1 for sale since i started collecting ,it`s a rare model .pity they put 60 decals on it as the 60 was the only poclain with a single piece bonnet.

Topic author
topkit

Post #3 by topkit » Fri Jul 20, 2012 11:14 pm

I did'nt notice that Jon i will have to have a look at my brochures, not sure if i am going to sell it on or keep it, i have several older jcb models too, i have just loaded the all onto my website now so will see what happens over the next few days

v8detroit
Flag: Ireland

Post #4 by v8detroit » Fri Jul 20, 2012 11:16 pm

topkit wrote:I did'nt notice that Jon i will have to have a look at my brochures, not sure if i am going to sell it on or keep it, i have several older jcb models too, i have just loaded the all onto my website now so will see what happens over the next few days

hi David it`s worth keeping,i would buy it but i only collect manufacturers colours.

Pascal

Post #5 by Pascal » Sun Jul 22, 2012 8:08 am

It's not an Australian compagny, but a french compagny. Now they belong to the big VINCI http://www.barriquand.fr/pages/societe/societe_historique.php

this model is a 90 Poclain, 60 have been put on the carriage to celebrate the 60th birthday of the compagny. I hope you understand what I mean (sorry for my poor english)

Topic author
topkit

Post #6 by topkit » Sun Jul 22, 2012 11:55 am

Thank you for the information Pascal, that would explain things better as Poclain were french i would have thought some models would have been produced in French company colours. You have a great collection i have just had a look.

Pascal

Post #7 by Pascal » Sun Jul 22, 2012 12:41 pm

topkit wrote:Thank you for the information Pascal, that would explain things better as Poclain were french i would have thought some models would have been produced in French company colours. You have a great collection i have just had a look.

there is not many model produced in french compagny colours. I know the 350 Bastets, i've seen a 90 P EJL, but I think it's a custom model.

Return to “Earthmoving models”