Duck Billed Cortina

Show us bogged in machines here

Topic author
Jeremy Rowland

Duck Billed Cortina

Post #1 by Jeremy Rowland » Sat Jul 26, 2008 8:16 pm

Well I firstly give the due credit for this picture to a mister Stephen Drennan :thumbs_up:

This pic appeared in a truck magazine I would think around mid eighties and I couldn't resist cutting it out, I also think its worth sharing cos a picture says a thousand words ;)

So lets see then when you see a sign that says "heavy plant crossing" and there are traffic lights......... jumping the lights isn't really a clever idea :lol:

There are however some really stupid people out there :lol:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Nick Drew

Re: Duck Billed Cortina

Post #2 by Nick Drew » Sat Jul 26, 2008 9:04 pm

Ha Ha !!

Yeh a bit unforgiving those Moxys !! :lol: :lol:

I bet the driver needed a quick change of underpants!! :lol: :lol:

Nick ;)

John Gaunt
Flag: Great Britain

Post #3 by John Gaunt » Sat Jul 26, 2008 10:14 pm

Great picture Jeremy. I've thought about getting a scrap car and running over it with my D7 just to see what sort of mess it makes :lol:

Mike d550

Post #4 by Mike d550 » Mon Jul 28, 2008 1:31 pm

It was our good friend DJBtrucks on this forum who was the operator in the cat D350 or D400 when our the cortina jumped the lights!!!!! I think it will take a little more than a change of engine oil and a call to dent wizard to get that motor up and running again :lol:

Job well done Dennis :thumbs_up:

Topic author
Jeremy Rowland

Post #5 by Jeremy Rowland » Mon Jul 28, 2008 2:29 pm

Mike d550 wrote:It was our good friend DJBtrucks on this forum who was the operator in the cat D350 or D400 when our the cortina jumped the lights!!!!! I think it will take a little more than a change of engine oil and a call to dent wizard to get that motor up and running again :lol:

Job well done Dennis :thumbs_up:

Naa Mike it'll take more than a jump start to get it going its got a flat battery thats the problem (very flat) :lol: :lol: :lol:

Suppose the owner could stick some little wheels on the front and put an engine in the boot would make a lovely hot rod racer :lol:

Jeremy

djbtrucks

Post #6 by djbtrucks » Mon Jul 28, 2008 5:01 pm

Hello guys God i remember that day i had traffic lights fixed for your trucks we run with head lights on so man in control of light switch the light to green when he saw truck with lights on [he got 12 can beer every week for doing a good job ] but when John Jones truck was kept waitin so we got more tonnage every day . God poor driver in cortina did STINK abit i think he full his pants . I was out on test run as truck had overheatin problem that was not only number accident on site lump of clay come off truck hit IN-TER city train that number 2 than truck hit fire engine with blue light on no 3 than truck side tip on top of site toilets .Funny thing i had hang over from all nite drinkin party with paperthree girl . motorway lilly had 27 man in there bed that nite i passed on her bit to big for me to handle .Has that photo been re-posted again after all these years ? cheers Dennis :dizzy:

djbtrucks

Post #7 by djbtrucks » Mon Jul 28, 2008 5:11 pm

Hello again truck was D400 narrow axle truck i forgot another accident head on crash with another truck hit me on icy haul road it was skid pan .truck was alway side tipping company was ITS i tip sideways i had 4x4 truck someone add a T to ITS logo which made it TITS :lol: I think there is more fotos of this one on my webb site . Cheers Dennis

nick lamb

Post #8 by nick lamb » Tue Aug 05, 2008 9:09 pm

I remember one of Blackwells Cat 16 graders flattened a car on the A55 Anglessy in 1997.It was late at night when the scrapers were grading up and tramping back over the road when a local RAF pilot jumped the temp light.Last thing he did for many months.
Also one of Morshans D9G's slipped off a tip and landed on the temp site carpark crushing the front of a Discovery.......It was mine :cry:

Return to “Accidents and Bogged in machines”