fiat-allis fx600 - O & K

Discuss excavators here

Topic author
fiat41b

fiat-allis fx600 - O & K

Post #1 by fiat41b » Sun Aug 09, 2009 9:59 pm

Hello im going to be getting a 1998 fiat-allis fx600 with about a 6.5yd bucket in the next week
or two. Was wondering how this machine stacks up i will be loading large topsoil piles out at a new coal mine the machine is actually made by O&K and sold here in the USA now by New Holland as a ec600 model IT HAS A CUMMINS N14 engine has anyone here ever operated
one weight is 140,000lbs my other exc. is a 4yd FE40M Fiat-Allis
THANKS,JLR

rob

Re: fiat-allis fx600 - O & K

Post #2 by rob » Tue Aug 11, 2009 10:32 am

Hello JLR,

I’ve never even heard of the FX600 but yes the New Holland EC600 was derived from the O&K RH25-Series, which were not particularly numerous in GB as most O&K customers opted for the RH30.

I’m a little more familiar with your machine’s successor which instead utilized the QSK 15 TIER II engine, MCV from Rexroth (instead of O&K), Hydromotion centre passage (instead of O&K) and different pumps. However, regarding your model, the only 'potential' issue that I’ve heard of concerned the swing drive.

I can’t add more but hope you get on with it.

Rob.

Topic author
fiat41b

Post #3 by fiat41b » Wed Aug 12, 2009 4:16 am

funny you said swing drive i have a fiat fe40m it has they same pump set up 3 pumps 2 for the travel and bucket,crowd and boom and one for the swing i had to replace a swing motor it shot craps linde pumps and motors on the fe 40 other than that its been a really good reliable 108,000lb machine still movin alot of earth in those lizard trucks 6 wheel drives

the fx600 has rex roth pumps

Topic author
fiat41b

Post #4 by fiat41b » Thu Aug 20, 2009 5:34 pm

cant seem to get any picture on here for some reason i have in the past but its been a while

Martyn Henley
Flag: Great Britain

Post #5 by Martyn Henley » Thu Aug 20, 2009 5:40 pm

cant seem to get any picture on here for some reason i have in the past but its been a while

So you want to post a picture..great ..first thing you will have to do is know where on your computer the pictures are that you want to show ..so off you go and have a look, now remember the address where the picture are on your computer ...Now, before you go to the next stage,i want you to remember that when you follow the next stage a new page will appear, this message will appear in a panel called Topic review-board tips ..its near the bottom of the panel, you can read the next part of this post from there, saving you having to keep going back to the topic page...
right thats sorted now go to the bottom of the thread and click on POST REPLY and see you on the next page ...

great so far so good ... now then at the top of the screen is a clear panel that you write on, under that panel is a blue strip with Upload attachment written in orange ... there is a little button called Browse click on it .... now a smallish box will appear in your left hand corner ..in that box is the inside working of your PC .. now can you remember where those pictures were in your PC ?... now select a picture from your computer ..now click on it to open... now the address of that picture will appear in the box next to the browse button... next click the Add the file button and then another box will appear in the top left hand corner ... now wait till it finishes and the whole page will refresh its self... now in the bottom left hand corner of where your writing box is you will see a new button.. Place inline ... now when you have written what you want to say about the picture bring the cursor onto a new line underneath and leave it where it is flashing away ... now click on the Place in line button and your picture address will appear something like this [img]mypictureis[/img].. if in doubt click on the preview button and your picture will appear with your writting as it would appear in the thread..happy with it ..then click Submit ... if you want to practice then practice here but dont click the submit button ...

Topic author
fiat41b

Post #6 by fiat41b » Fri Aug 21, 2009 7:21 am

pictures
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Topic author
fiat41b

Post #7 by fiat41b » Fri Aug 21, 2009 7:22 am

thank you for your help, here is my new toy

Return to “Excavators”