Are you impressed or not?

Discuss excavators here

Topic author
Col 140

Are you impressed or not?

Post #1 by Col 140 » Sat Jun 14, 2008 9:38 pm

So what do you think of Doug the Digger Man? I'm saying nothing :roll: ;)

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=u96MwXpoN6A

Col

Topic author
Col 140

Re: Are you impressed or not?

Post #2 by Col 140 » Sat Jun 14, 2008 9:44 pm

And another one, I don't like the way he treats that counterweight :roll:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=xvoxoOJdr-A

Col

Joes1989
Flag: Great Britain

Post #3 by Joes1989 » Sat Jun 14, 2008 10:43 pm

I saw him at SED this year on that Hyundai 210. I have to say he know the limits of those machines. I was really really impressed with all the stuff he was doing with it....

Heres some pictures of him in action.

Joe

Robban_C

Post #4 by Robban_C » Sat Jun 14, 2008 10:47 pm

Col 140 wrote:And another one, I don't like the way he treats that counterweight :roll: ...

Yeah, and what about the engine? I am thinking about the loss of oil pressure when the oil pickup probably sucks some air into the oil pump.
Volvo EC45 PRO -06
Volvo EC35 -01
MB-Trac 800 turbo
Bigab 10-14 hook lift trailer
MF 3165, Poor Ferguson

Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/RobbanxC

Dirtman2007

Post #5 by Dirtman2007 » Sun Jun 15, 2008 1:56 am

I think that's a good way to ruin a good machine. Counterweight show just how good doug really is.... not very.

any fool can get out there and show off, put him on a good job with a lot a variables and precision work and see just how good doug really is then...

Nick Drew

Post #6 by Nick Drew » Sun Jun 15, 2008 10:38 am

I am sure Doug Potter is probably an excellent operator and I know he has been "in the game" for a very long time, I remember reading about him in the very first edition of Earthmovers magazine.

I think we have to put it all into context here, what he is doing at the shows is just showmanship and from Hyundai's point of view it certainly does the trick :o At SED for instance every time you pass the Hyundai demo plot there is always a big crowd watching :thumbs_up:

He must be well thought of by them aswell because they have him demonstrating now at all the big shows including overseas events like Bauma.

His antics and confidence in his own abilities certainly impresses me BUT having said that I do not like to see what he does to the counterweight :x and I would hope that he doesn't do that to his regular work machine.

I don't really think it's fair to Doug to slag him off too much here when we dont really know all the facts :roll:

I think I will try to contact Ernest Doe the dealership he does the demos for and see if they can get Doug to join us here at CMN :thumbs_up:

Nick :P

Topic author
Col 140

Post #7 by Col 140 » Sun Jun 15, 2008 12:23 pm

Nick Drew wrote:I am sure Doug Potter is probably an excellent operator and I know he has been "in the game" for a very long time, I remember reading about him in the very first edition of Earthmovers magazine.

I think we have to put it all into context here, what he is doing at the shows is just showmanship and from Hyundai's point of view it certainly does the trick :o At SED for instance every time you pass the Hyundai demo plot there is always a big crowd watching :thumbs_up:

He must be well thought of by them aswell because they have him demonstrating now at all the big shows including overseas events like Bauma.

His antics and confidence in his own abilities certainly impresses me BUT having said that I do not like to see what he does to the counterweight :x and I would hope that he doesn't do that to his regular work machine.

I don't really think it's fair to Doug to slag him off too much here when we dont really know all the facts :roll:

I think I will try to contact Ernest Doe the dealership he does the demos for and see if they can get Doug to join us here at CMN :thumbs_up:

Nick :P

I doubt Doug performs all those moves on his regular work machine Nick :lol: I'm sure that Doug does attract a big crowd, what he does is definitley entertaining ;) I wonder if it actually helps Hyundai sell anymore machines though :?

Col

Martyn Henley
Flag: Great Britain

Post #8 by Martyn Henley » Sun Jun 15, 2008 1:01 pm

Hi Col, intresting debate here, one of my jobs years ago was southeastern area plant demostrator for Case Poclain, this was in the days of the 688,888,1088,etc etc and they were crap machines, but at events such as SED showing off was a crowd puller, it did not show one little bit how good the machine in site conditions was or not in this case ..... but it also gave the sales team a crowd to mingle into,ie saves stopping people as they walk past the companys pitch, its a sales starting point, you have their attention.
Rather like your JCB dancing diggers, things they do does not represents what you can with the machine on a site, but you get peoples attention.

Martyn

IBH

Post #9 by IBH » Sun Jun 15, 2008 1:32 pm

Would somebody tell Hyundai their machines look dreadful with black cabs.

Topic author
Col 140

Post #10 by Col 140 » Sun Jun 15, 2008 1:34 pm

IBH wrote:Would somebody tell Hyundai their machines look dreadful with black cabs.

They don't look very good with sh*t all over the counterweight either ;)

Col

Return to “Excavators”