A1 Work

Do you have a site around the corner? Show us the progress, discuss the approach ...

Topic author
macca1

A1 Work

Post #1 by macca1 » Sun Feb 22, 2009 8:35 pm

I see Carillion are starting to fence off the side of the A1 at ripon area (A61 turnoff area ) .Getting ready to fire up soon ,about time they headed north as that bit to scotch corner could do with sorting out . I heard tell Carillion are thinking of buying there own gear or some of it for this job anyone heard out ??

Joes1989
Flag: Great Britain

Re: A1 Work

Post #2 by Joes1989 » Sun Feb 22, 2009 8:44 pm

Not heard anything up there! I come up that way to see my grandad so ill look forward to taking some pictures hopefully they'll have some good kit up there, What are they actually doing? Widening it?

Joe

Topic author
macca1

Post #3 by macca1 » Sun Feb 22, 2009 10:37 pm

Yes All gonna be 3 lanes in years to come

BulldozerD11

Post #4 by BulldozerD11 » Mon Feb 23, 2009 12:59 am

macca1 wrote:I see Carillion are starting to fence off the side of the A1 at ripon area (A61 turnoff area ) .Getting ready to fire up soon ,about time they headed north as that bit to scotch corner could do with sorting out . I heard tell Carillion are thinking of buying there own gear or some of it for this job anyone heard out ??

Went up past there today, They have chopped/stripped most of the trees and hedges from the A19 turn up toward Leeming with the fence line staked out for the site perimeter in the field, and the old derelick farms starting to be cleared by the look. (They have to chop all the trees and brush down before the nesting season or the Eco people stop the job till next year.

The bit by the agricultural dealers (Claas) had a giant train set that looked like it might have to be moved :o (about a dozen carriages and a diesel Loco) were all the trees were being cleared between them and the road.

Also on A1 at Wetherby looked like last of the old bridges abutments were being demolished, (road was on contra flow on new bit).

The M1 is being preped north and south of the Nottingham section that JC Balls were working on. (this was about a month ago, so may have started more proper earth works now).

Dave
Interested in Tractors, Plant, Heavy Haulage or Steam visit http://tractors.wikia.com/wiki/Tractor_%26_Construction_Plant_Wiki
Help document every manufacturer model build, and record every machine in preservation, clubs and events etc.

Mike d550

Post #5 by Mike d550 » Mon Feb 23, 2009 11:07 am

Will be keeping my eyes open for work heading towards Scotch Corner , will be interested to see what kit they buy for the job!

Camera as usual is in the car ready and primed!

Regards

Mike D550

davej

Post #6 by davej » Mon Feb 23, 2009 11:19 am

as this is gonna annoy the living daylights out of me at work, i've been trying to find out more details...

first site compounds going to be at leeming bar. contraflow adn lane restrictions in force till.. 2012!

Dave
my mumblings and general witterings....http://normanshowse.blogspot.com/

Joes1989
Flag: Great Britain

Post #7 by Joes1989 » Tue Feb 24, 2009 8:26 pm

Ballys still on the M! now doing the muckshifting and a firm from leeds called K Rouse are doing the drains and the rest! That job should take a while and on sunday im going to go to a place where ive found with some great places to take photo's of a section of the M1 from...It does involve a little bit on sneakyness so shhhhh..... haha

ChrisMk1

Post #8 by ChrisMk1 » Fri Mar 27, 2009 11:01 pm

Muck-shift & earthworks are still out at tender stage AFAIK, main works starting late spring. Job is JV Carilion & Morgon-Est (was Macs & AMEC but both been taken over since awarded!) This is only half the job from Dishforth to Leeming - the next phase kicking off in 2011 goes as far as Barton where the A1 turns to motorway north of Scotch Corner about another 12 miles from Leeming

Topic author
macca1

Post #9 by macca1 » Fri Mar 27, 2009 11:27 pm

i heard tell Carilion have bought 19 trucks and 7 diggers plus a few dozers ready to start

Topic author
macca1

Post #10 by macca1 » Sat Mar 28, 2009 1:47 pm

ChrisMk1 wrote:Muck-shift & earthworks are still out at tender stage AFAIK, main works starting late spring. Job is JV Carilion & Morgon-Est (was Macs & AMEC but both been taken over since awarded!) This is only half the job from Dishforth to Leeming - the next phase kicking off in 2011 goes as far as Barton where the A1 turns to motorway north of Scotch Corner about another 12 miles from Leeming

Ive just heard that Morgan-Est are starting on monday with so many new Komatsu ADTs 300 i think anyone know any more???

Return to “Workplaces/Job reports”