Track marshall 1955

Discuss dozers here

marshallmp6

Re: Track marshall 1955

Post #11 by marshallmp6 » Wed Feb 27, 2013 5:54 am

Track Marshall 55. 931 series. Sold circa. 1966 to 1970. Perkins 4.270D motor. 56 horsepower. Fitted with (Australian made) Moore blade equipment, ripper and canopy.The 6/700 series ripper mountings are somewhat different to the the 900 series however they can be modified to fit either way with a bit of work. The early 900 series did have a weakness in the gearbox housing and required an extra tie bolt fitted to prevent the housing from breaking in half when used on very rough ripping.

Soupstr

Post #12 by Soupstr » Wed Nov 05, 2014 4:21 pm

just relined the rear left brake band and now i cant get the axle to line up properly to slip the bearing around it. is there a trick of some sort to get it on?

sumeas

Post #13 by sumeas » Wed Jan 07, 2015 12:19 am

Hi All I'm Seamus in the U.K. and I've recently got myself a Track Mashall TM55 1957 dozer, it arrived with me on 22nd December and I've been tinkering ever since. It had a sticking clutch pedal which after a bit of bffi is cured but I still have a knackered track adjuster on the right hand side sitting in the seat and I'm working on that though it looks like a replacement is going to be the only proper cure, meanwhile it works quite well with a cold chisel jammed in place. Now replacement is not so easy but I have a contact in Gainsborough who may be able to help but won't know the answer to that until Friday this week.....hopefully. No prior knowledge of TMs but seems simple enough that even I can deal with it. I have a couple of machines all a bit old and bold like me JCB 12 12 ton 360 and 1.5 ton JCB mini digger, Kubota powered self propelled cherrypicker, 3.5 ton Kubota 360, Ausa skip loading dumper and a couple of bigger dumpers Barford 7 and 9 ton. used to have a 100e I.H. loader with the Drott bucket but sold that last year, that's all my stuff here in sunny England. I,m currently chasing a couple of TM55 manuals on Ebay U.K and will let you know if I,m successful, oh should anyone suggest me putting pictures on that's way above my pay grade but if I can bagger the son-in-law enough then I will. Again Hello all pleasure to be here.

Brian1

Post #14 by Brian1 » Sat Jan 10, 2015 6:41 pm

Seamus, did I read right, a 100E? Was that an IH or Dresser machine? I've never seen one over here. How did you get on with it? I never got newer than 100b on the Internationals.

sumeas

Post #15 by sumeas » Sat Jan 10, 2015 7:17 pm

Hi Brian now you've got me because i can't remember if it was B or E but memory as it is keeps saying E and the only way i can check is once back home on Monday, definately an I.H. though. I'll go through my old paperwork and get back to you.

sumeas

Post #16 by sumeas » Wed Jan 14, 2015 10:18 pm

Brian1 wrote:Seamus, did I read right, a 100E? Was that an IH or Dresser machine? I've never seen one over here. How did you get on with it? I never got newer than 100b on the Internationals.

Hi Brian you set me a problem mate despite my best efforts I didn't keep anything when I sold the machine but even so I'm still pretty sure it was a 100E, my problem is that its the only I.H. Drott model I've owned so when you ask me how it compares I don't know what the differences would be, it was auto drive two speed, forward/reverse and both track isolaters on left, arm/bucket controls on right, two independent track brake pedals. Engine seemed ok but I found when pushing in to dig load it didn't like lifting a load while still pushing forward, my main use for the machine is levelling so an outright dozer with adjustable blade is the better machine to me and on the TM if its pushing but can't advance the tracks keep going which on the I.H. wasn't so good. When alls said and done the I.H. was a loader and the TM is a dozer.

sumeas

Post #17 by sumeas » Wed Jan 14, 2015 10:22 pm

I forgot to mention that the manuals on TM55 parts and repair/service I was chasing on Ebay I got, now I just have to cure the track adjuster and alls well.

sumeas

Post #18 by sumeas » Sun Jan 25, 2015 5:16 pm

bit of advice needed if anyone can help, on my TM55 i need to repair a track adjuster the threaded bit with the lock nut on, on my one the thread is worn away, i have the chance to buy another new one with nut but although i have both parts and service manuals neither shows me if this adjuster sits into a hole in the front trackwheel carrier that is threaded or is it just a smooth hole, my concern is that if that hole is threaded its liable to be worn away as well that would render a new sleeve as useless on its own. My only way forward then is to wait until i find one being broken (rocking horse poo) with those parts still good. If that is the way out does anyone know how common among the various models that part is or can only the same model fit ?

Jeremy Rowland

Post #19 by Jeremy Rowland » Sun Jan 25, 2015 5:19 pm

Hi Seamus while I cannot advise you on the part concerned what I can do is tell you that if the part is worn and the thread is worn away there are many possible ways to repair the thread so I would not worry about trying to find a used part.

Jeremy

FOWLER MAN
Flag: Wales

Post #20 by FOWLER MAN » Sun Jan 25, 2015 10:38 pm

Hi Seamus,
It's a long time since I worked on these, but if I remember rightly the business end of all Marshall / Fowler track adjusters, (whether screw or hydraulic), is in the yolk that carries the idler.
So I'm pretty sure there should be a thread in there, on the hydraulicly adjusted models the piston and seals would be in there too.
Running the tractor for long periods with the lock nut slack could have caused the thread to wear :think: :?:

Fred

Return to “Dozers”