Dick Hampton

Discuss large and small companies here.

68a

Re: Dick Hampton

Post #151 by 68a » Sat Feb 15, 2014 2:00 pm

KWDLDK wrote:
68a wrote:worked with Tommy Bruin at A55 for Blackwells 1997.is he still going?
Last worked with Pat Wisner at Wardle's on a 155.He let it go into the river at Winsford.Drunk again.He turned up a few years later for Kevin Morgan or John McLaughlin on a tractor and box but was soon sacked.About 2000 or 1999 ish.

I knew Pat Wisener myself around the late 90,s time, he was driving a D8 of Packie Mallon on hire to McAlpine at Bolton behind the new football ground, later he was working for Armstrong, last time I saw him he had just bought a Terex/Euclid tractor, that was around 2001
Last I heard of him he had been mugged somewhere around Partington, the shites that mugged him would not have done it when he was a younger man, he would of ate them without salt

'ate them without salt' :lol:
I was at Bolton on hire to Macs during the winter for a couple of weeks whilst my D8's were rained off.Was on a D6H for J.Mclaughlan.Pakki was driving one of his own D8's.Did a fairbit for Dessie Armstrong during the winter months when the D8's were standing.Mainly drove 219's and 235's`.Got my hands on his D7H's sometimes too.Great tractors.

daver1184

Post #152 by daver1184 » Tue Mar 11, 2014 12:59 pm

Hello.

My father was David Richards. He was a foreman on the M5 around Gloucester, Glasgow bypass and Pembroke Dock jobs in the late 60's and early 70's.
He went on to build a sucessful agri plant business west of Worcester.

Sadly, after a period if ill health, dad passed away last Friday.

If any of the ex Dick Hampton community that knew dad would like to attend, the funeral will be on the 18th of March at 11:30am at St. Bartholomew's Church, Harpley, Worcestershire WR6 6HG.

Thanks

mash

Post #153 by mash » Fri Mar 28, 2014 4:09 pm

sorry to hear about your dad dave worked with him on the m5 from mash

John penfold

Post #154 by John penfold » Mon May 26, 2014 6:19 pm

DaveS wrote:Construction News had an excellent article/interview with the man himself when he retired (sold out to Costain?) many years ago. The older among us may remember it 8-)

Told how he and his wife started out plowing, double-shifting a Fordson to put the hours in.

He also said that the biggest loss he made was working on Cumbernauld new town muckshift. It's the Scottish conditions you see............. :shock:

Anyone have a copy? I've looked through my cuttings but don't have it.

Dave.

DAVE
Hamptons were taken over by Cementation who were part of Trafalga holdings.
Dick continued to run Hamptons after the take over.and whilst still in office.died in St lucia.

KWDLDK

Post #155 by KWDLDK » Sat Jan 24, 2015 11:01 pm

68a wrote:
KWDLDK wrote:
Last worked with Pat Wisner at Wardle's on a 155.He let it go into the river at Winsford.Drunk again.He turned up a few years later for Kevin Morgan or John McLaughlin on a tractor and box but was soon sacked.About 2000 or 1999 ish.

I knew Pat Wisener myself around the late 90,s time, he was driving a D8 of Packie Mallon on hire to McAlpine at Bolton behind the new football ground, later he was working for Armstrong, last time I saw him he had just bought a Terex/Euclid tractor, that was around 2001
Last I heard of him he had been mugged somewhere around Partington, the shites that mugged him would not have done it when he was a younger man, he would of ate them without salt

I was at Bolton on hire to Macs during the winter for a couple of weeks whilst my D8's were rained off.Was on a D6H for J.Mclaughlan.Pakki was driving one of his own D8's.Did a fairbit for Dessie Armstrong during the winter months when the D8's were standing.Mainly drove 219's and 235's`.Got my hands on his D7H's sometimes too.Great tractors.

KWDLDK

Post #156 by KWDLDK » Sat Jan 24, 2015 11:07 pm

68a wrote:
KWDLDK wrote:

Here is Pat Wisner with the Terex/Euclid tractor
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

mash

Post #157 by mash » Fri Jul 24, 2015 3:42 pm

to everybody that new dave southhall(sackum) he passed away last week so sad ive known him since I left school mash

paul.hogan.9066

Post #158 by paul.hogan.9066 » Fri Jul 24, 2015 9:36 pm

Sad to here that Mash I worked with Dave on a few jobs

concrete

Post #159 by concrete » Sun Sep 13, 2015 10:16 am

Great stories

concrete

Post #160 by concrete » Sun Sep 13, 2015 10:25 am

Great photos