Megatruckers

Talk about everything else here.

Topic author
v64paul

Megatruckers

Post #1 by v64paul » Sat Feb 01, 2014 8:53 am

Just before Christmas i had a stupid , easily avoidable injury to my right hand. As a result i've been watching far too much daytime tv than is reqiured while waiting for bones, tendons and flesh healed. I discovered this programme on the Dave channel. It follows a company called Heavy Haulage Australia, as expected they move some big gear around. D11t's , dumptrucks and excavators all look pretty average in comparison to some of the stuff they move.
The company have just laid out $50 million on a fleet of 40 Mack tractor units. We get Stobarts rammed down our throats here in the u.k., this guy makes them look like the chancers they are. The kit is all spotlees with plentyy of bling. Has anyone else watched, or do anyone of our Aussie members have a different perspective ?
there are old fitters and bold fitters but no old bold fitters...

68a

Re: Megatruckers

Post #2 by 68a » Sat Feb 01, 2014 1:35 pm

Hi Paul,can't think what you were doing to your right hand that caused an injury.......are you going blind aswell? :D

bigkit
Flag: Great Britain

Post #3 by bigkit » Sat Feb 01, 2014 2:06 pm

Yeah Paul FAB series, I feel like a kid in a sand pit compared to that lot. Proper proffessional and good luck to them! :thumbup:

Joes1989

Post #4 by Joes1989 » Sat Feb 01, 2014 2:10 pm

I've seen it and while the programme itself is good....the bloke that owns HHA is a complete and utter W****R! I'm surprised nobody has filled him in!

modelman093

Post #5 by modelman093 » Sat Feb 01, 2014 5:42 pm

Joes1989 wrote:I've seen it and while the programme itself is good....the bloke that owns HHA is a complete and utter W****R! I'm surprised nobody has filled him in!

You know him personally ?
May be a hard b"""""d , but can't be that much of an idiot to start that business and grow it to where it is today!

Mrsmackpaul
Flag: Australia

Post #6 by Mrsmackpaul » Sat Feb 01, 2014 10:30 pm

Well lads Im a little embarrassed as I have never seen or heard of this TV series so will have to do some investagation see what I can find as for personal slanging off at some one on the net pretty gutless I would think but then Im just old fashioned .Thanks for the heads up Paul will make sure I keep an eye out for the series seeya
Paul
Your better to die trying than live on your knees begging

TrevorJ
Flag: Australia

Post #7 by TrevorJ » Sun Feb 02, 2014 1:29 am

Sorry, I haven't ever seen the show either, or seen their trucks out on the road ... I'm near an area on the coast that hauls some big pieces of mining equipment that come in for service, but nothing much bigger than a D11 - maybe the roads are too small here to be doing "heavy" haulage. :D But it's like everything on reality TV, someone is there hamming it up to try and promote either the show itself or their business ... it wouldn't be reality tv if there wasn't would it. (Oh yeah, I hate reality tv)

I did a quick google, and yes I can see he's aiming for the "shiny" crowd ... with racing, detailing and chrome. I guess promotion doesn't hurt if you're chasing more work.

tctractors

Post #8 by tctractors » Mon Feb 03, 2014 7:51 am

I have not seen the programe on TV but I did look up the Co on "Tinternet" they use German Goldhofer modular trailers that can be configured into many ways and fitted with self power (S.P.M.T) although the Co call them SMPT's their is 3 main builders of this style of bogey all in Europe, the load of the month was a few rail carrages built by Bombardier (U.K.) that was longish but no weight, the Co' love the K W's with loads of shiney bits, (Nothing beats a Merc Titan) as for the owners actions, well doing Heavy Haul you need to be calm and smooth so an amount of Camera Drama might be the case, in the U.K. drivers on H.H. would run over a gobbey boss as this is not going to get a load shifted, heavy haul is all about a small team working well.

tctractors

XS650

Post #9 by XS650 » Mon Feb 03, 2014 10:06 am

I thinks its an OK programme , but like all these reality programmes it is the completely over the top commentary that gets me .

Stobart being one of the worst -
'TODAY WAYNE HAS TO DELIVER A LOAD OF SPROUTS TO A SUPERMARKET IN WIGAN , AND ITS RAINING ! THERE ARE RUSH HOUR QUEUES ON THE M61 ! ( shock!!) HOW CAN HE DO IT ..............

This Aussie programme in particular has enough 'action' to not need it .

Craig - Rant Off
Not all those who wander are lost.

bigkit

Post #10 by bigkit » Mon Feb 03, 2014 12:12 pm

LOL like it TC :thumbup: :lol:

Return to “Off Topic”