Komatsu D10S

Discuss track loaders here

JimInOz
Flag: Australia

Re: Komatsu D10S

Post #11 by JimInOz » Thu Oct 27, 2011 9:24 am

How hard would the Rammax be on your back,after an 8-10 hour day.
Check out where the feet go on that thing!

I was wondering about the comfort factor on the D10S too...??

Topic author
mini78

Post #12 by mini78 » Thu Nov 03, 2011 1:29 am

The D10 is not particularly uncomfortable but I have never spent all day on it. I must find some way to fit a belt as you do tend to get thrown out on rough ground. Thanks for the spec sheet. The Ramex is very interesting. A bobcat on steel. If I was going to get another track loader though I think the posi track is the way to go. Those machines will go anywhere and with a minimum of damage.

JimInOz

Post #13 by JimInOz » Thu Nov 03, 2011 5:08 am

I believe the Positrack undercarriage is really expensive.Spoke to a local contractor who said his hourly rate has to be high,to allow for big bucks on U/C.
A small Wheel Loader is a great tool to have on a property.I use a 5 ton loader,which replaced a MF2244 Drott...it does everything better,except excavate.If I attached a set of scarifiers,it would be almost unstoppable.

Diggerpete1961
Flag: Great Britain

Post #14 by Diggerpete1961 » Fri Dec 23, 2011 1:00 pm

Interested in these compact loaders, wondering if a small 'drive in' hoe could be put on in place of the front bucket, as was done with wheeled skid steers. Troube with mini diggers is they have no pick & carry capability.
Found info on the Rammax - 38hp, 2.5 metric ton, Can see the 1st page of the D10s but when I blow up the spec page print distorts - I must be doing something wrong!
This tiny loader always interested me, even smaller than the D10S & pre hystat I think? do not think it was ever fully identified, http://www.oilyhands.co.uk/Archive7.htm
Wondering about retracking costs & life of steel tracks vs rubber. Gather some of these tiny machines used Reynold (or similar) hardened conveyor chain with shoes welded on - perhaps not these though?
Another Italian company was Hinowa, they made a very small crawler base that could take either a loader unit or a 180 micro hoe, or indeed a dumper body, among other things.

Topic author
mini78

Post #15 by mini78 » Tue Jun 05, 2018 1:54 pm

Hi Diggerpete. The tracks on the D10 are all caste in one piece. That is to say the chain, plate, grouser and bush are all one casting then pinned to the next shoe. If your still out there please forgive the late reply but I have not logged on for some time. I have finally managed to fit a bobcat style quick hitch to the front of my machine but I prefer the backhoe out the back. the backhoe on mine is off a bobcat and is really a bit too heavy in soft ground. It can however be taken off in minutes. The tracks cost about $2500 aussie dollars to replace about 20 years ago but I do not know if they are still available. Sprocket wear and track tension are a constant problem and a modern skidsteer is undoubtedly a much better option. I have wondered about putting rubber excavator tracks on it to make it more ground friendly.

Return to “Track Loaders”