JCB 3cx Modification

Discuss earthmoving models here

Topic author
JD450A

JCB 3cx Modification

Post #1 by JD450A » Sat May 28, 2011 3:51 pm

Unfortunatly or fortunately I stumbled across a fellow called brian blackman on ebay a while back...

After chopping up my joal yanmar B37 and fitting an extendahoe and his buckets I set about trying to make britains Jcb 3cx somewhat better.

So far I've got a working extendahoe, which I'm not totally happy with but if I get this one working properly I'll do a v2 which should be better and I have a much less obtrusive dipper arangement planned.

Likewise I've chopped a few britains lorrys up in the hope of finding something worth selling. Made a niceish beavertail plant lorry (although I'm not a paticularly good painter) and the tipper (will be a 6x4 chassis when done) which I'm also not happy with :roll:

If anyones interested in the bevertail lorry please drop us a PM, If i get enough intrest I'll stick one or two on ebay (without paint) probably for £30 - £35 + PP
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Martyn Henley
Flag: Great Britain

Re: JCB 3cx Modification

Post #2 by Martyn Henley » Sat May 28, 2011 4:08 pm

Greetings Rory and a big welcome to CMN :thumbup:

Thats the beauty of conversions you just have to keep trying till you get it to how you want it ... but what you have done so far looks ok to me ...
Lorry looks good .... :thumbup:
Martyn

Topic author
JD450A

Post #3 by JD450A » Sat May 28, 2011 4:11 pm

What I like about it is I can quickly get something made up that's abit unique. And hopefully do it for less than the model would be to buy brand new anyway.

I do regret doing the backactor in the way I did. It works but if I'd done it the way I thought up afterwards it'd look a hellever lot better and function more like the real thing.

The bevertail is something I'm proud of. But getting the spare axle is the problem. I currently have 2 cab's spare/scrap and 2 front axles, might have to make a eight wheeler.

bsbplant
Flag: Great Britain

Post #4 by bsbplant » Sat May 28, 2011 4:41 pm

Keep up the good work ! :thumbup: if i can be of any help , just ask !

Return to “Earthmoving models”