International 100b series 2 loader Help

Discuss track loaders here

Topic author
wazzainoz

Re: International 100b series 2 loader Help

Post #61 by wazzainoz » Sat Sep 18, 2010 8:01 am

Hi Jim long time no see{read},had a search and I didn't find it either,is it listed under something obscure?.
As I have one already I think the starting price would scare me off.

kleener

Post #62 by kleener » Sat Sep 18, 2010 8:25 am

It's been removed.. I bought it

Topic author
wazzainoz

Post #63 by wazzainoz » Sat Sep 18, 2010 10:10 am

Ok sorry Terry.I saw that after I last posted.How's it going then was it a good buy and any pics of it?

kleener

Post #64 by kleener » Sun Sep 19, 2010 3:31 am

Will be here in the next 1/2 hr or so.
pretty good nick all round for the price, has done minimal work for the last 15 years, as the guy that owned it has a stack of excavators and loaders. No obvious problems, everything seems to work as designed, without fuss nor problem.
pics will be forthcoming

kleener

Post #65 by kleener » Sun Sep 19, 2010 3:21 pm

DSCF5965.JPG
well after slightly bogging the delivery truck and having to get the neighbour to rescue us with a large excavator.. she is here and working
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

eyetee

Post #66 by eyetee » Sun Sep 19, 2010 8:59 pm

Thats one hell of a roll bar :D

Holger
Site Admin
Flag: Sweden

Post #67 by Holger » Mon Sep 20, 2010 11:43 am

:thumbup: Solid!
Some resources:
How-To

kleener

Post #68 by kleener » Mon Sep 20, 2010 1:36 pm

Twas a bit of a drama all told

My Darling Wife decided to take her sublimated aggression garage sailing on Saturday, and I was conscripted as driver and straight man, under the clear understanding that Sunday would be mine.

Due to a late start we only got to a couple, however one was a deceased estate sale. My compassionate spouse, with many years of nursing and grief counselling behind her proceeded to haggle and harass the grieving relatives out of their cherished possessions, including a brand spanking new bed.

Now I don’t dispute we needed a new bed, as our old one has had a delicate aroma of house fire and horse for some years, having been salvaged from our home that was destroyed by fire, and then transferred 800 km in a horse truck with an in season mare.

But it is cruel to watch her work. Sharks in a feeding frenzy have nothing on that woman in search of a bargain.

After she had completed the massacre we were the proud owners of a substantial amount of furniture, including two beds, but how do you carry two beds in a Commodore sedan.. “No problem” says she “we’ll come back tomorrow”. We’ll come back tomorrow.. right no worries.. except my bulldozer is being delivered.. fine.

Sunday dawns and I wait and wait and wait for the truck, not encouraged by phone calls such as
“Am I supposed to be on the Hume or the Federal”
“The Federal, like on the map I gave you”
“It’s just the GPS said straight ahead”
“Many GPS maps are wrong, it will try to get you to do a left turn off an overpass in 30 km, you need to be on the Federal”
“Right, I’d better turn around then”

Eventually a very large tipper showed on the horizon causing considerable consternation in assorted cows, horses and other livestock.. some were so perturbed as to stop chewing momentarily and one was even seen to open both eyes at the same time.

Next trick was to unload

Now ideally a ramp can be pushed up and the dozer driven off. However, if I had anything to push up a ramp, then I wouldn’t need a dozer, so we decided to try and unload on a dam wall.

All; went well for about 20 metres, then the truck ceased to proceed, and started to sink.

Huffing and puffing and pulling with the tractor did little except wave the front wheels in the air, and even tying a large 4wd to the front of that did nothing. Cut the boundary fence and tried to pull out backwards to a similar lack of results.

Fortunately the next door neighbour but one was down, and had his excavator parked not far away… a delightful machine that Fred Flintstone used to operate in Mr Slate’s quarry I believe.. but as with most popular dinosaurs, BIG.

First order of business, get her to the site.. Neighbour guns her up, and she rattles towards us at speeds sometimes approaching 2 kmh, The squeal of faulty rollers driving my anxiety as I calculate the potential cost of a broken track. When she arrives, parks on the road behind the sunken behemoth, and quickly builds a ramp at the back of the truck (while simultaneously excavating a 2 m deep hole in the neighbours paddock, right on the fence line).

Then my loader can be unloaded easily, and is parked to contemplate her new home.

The excavator then trundles round in front of the truck, and gently hauls it on to dry ground, where we can pull it back to the road with the tractor. Truck leaves, and neighbour also leaves after finding excavator behind a clump of swamp tussock.. I think that was at least a two carton job in the beer economy, and will leave payment in the cab.

This accomplished , Darling Wife decides to remind me that I had “promised” to return to the garage sale of the previous day to collect beds..

I, quite reasonably, pointed out that we had a 20 m gap in the boundary fence, a 2m deep hole in the neighbour’s paddock, and I hadn’t had lunch yet, despite it being 3 pm.

Wives have a way of saying “fine” that is far more intimidating than just about anything except possibly “to be taken from here to a place of execution and hung by the neck until he is dead”- and even in that case there is the possibility of appeal and the certainty it will be over quickly.

I therefore quickly learnt to drive my machine with a cold sausage clasped between my teeth “You said you wanted lunch, eat it”

Filled in hole, and smoothed it so it looked as untouched as the Somme in 1916, then repaired the fence, with hardly any blood spilt.

Then up, change, and off to the scene of Saturday’s crimes against humanity, with a 40 km bypass to get fuel, as darling daughter had borrowed my car the previous night and run it nearly out of petrol.

Load up bed and try to find Darling Wife, who is again in bargain mode and has acquired a couple of hundred weight of further goodies. Then householder mentions he has an old car for sale for $300, I explain I don’t want any more defunct machinery, but thanks for telling me.

Eventually prise my spouse away and proceed home at 60 kmh due to the mattress strapped to the roof with a job of tying that would make an alcoholic spider proud.

Arrive home at 7:30 pm, remove old bed from bedroom, install new. No 3 son then states he needs a lift, as he has arranged to buy the afore mentioned car.

Quite reasonably I scream and pout, but to no avail and again drive off in the night, again with a detour, because somewhere along the line I am “lending” part of the purchase price.

Vendor is three sheets in the wind and talkative, but very appreciative towards No 3. “Thank heavens you didn’t bring your mum”.

Eventually home, dinner, and bed just after midnight. 5:30 am start today, and then the fun of arriving at the station just in time for the 7:36 train, and finding delightful daughter had wrecked a door lock in my car after locking the keys in on Saturday night, which means I had to effect repairs before I can secure it.

Thank heavens for work, I need the rest.

Topic author
wazzainoz

Post #69 by wazzainoz » Tue Sep 21, 2010 9:05 am

Well at least its yours now,there's a international drott on eBay now that looks like an older model and makes yours look like a steal.
I just thought I'd add that to impress you wife :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Return to “Track Loaders”