A couple of old combine pictures

Discuss harvesters here

Topic author
Basilbrush

A couple of old combine pictures

Post #1 by Basilbrush » Wed Apr 28, 2010 9:50 pm

Here's a ouple of old combine photos I have. The Ransomes was recently sold at a farm sale. It looks in lovely condition. I don't know where the Claas ones were taken but I remember them out in the field back when they were Silver. I have loads of photos of old Combines, if anyone's interested I can post a few as I find them.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

essexpete

Re: A couple of old combine pictures

Post #2 by essexpete » Thu Apr 29, 2010 12:10 am

Basilbrush wrote:Here's a ouple of old combine photos I have. The Ransomes was recently sold at a farm sale. It looks in lovely condition. I don't know where the Claas ones were taken but I remember them out in the field back when they were Silver. I have loads of photos of old Combines, if anyone's interested I can post a few as I find them.

That did look well preserved Basil, what does something like that make at auction?

Ian Fletcher1970
Flag: Great Britain

Post #3 by Ian Fletcher1970 » Thu Apr 29, 2010 9:03 pm

Hi Colin,
Thanks for the pictures :claphands: Please post what you can find.
All the best - Ian

Scooby
Flag: Great Britain

Post #4 by Scooby » Fri Apr 30, 2010 4:16 pm

Just for the Hell of it I am going to attempt to identify both machines. Principally becaus ethe "Ag" side of this web site is very quiet.

I reckon the Claas is either an SF or a Standard Matador. Interestingly it is a bagger machine. The cylindrical thing on the top is the cleaner and bagging off section. I think you can just about see a person's head. The shute is at trailer height, so much more sensible than a 780 & 726 that dropped them on the ground when they have to be picked up again. Would have been a bit dodgy shooting the charlies over the driver's head though. :shock: :shock: :shock:

The Ransome machine could be a little 801 but then again it could be 901/2 but I don't think it's big enough for either of those.

As I say, just trying to keep the topic rolling.
Six up front .............................means plenty of grunt.

Image Image

cojhl2

Post #5 by cojhl2 » Mon Jul 12, 2010 4:06 pm

Basilbrush wrote:Here's a ouple of old combine photos I have. The Ransomes was recently sold at a farm sale. It looks in lovely condition. I don't know where the Claas ones were taken but I remember them out in the field back when they were Silver. I have loads of photos of old Combines, if anyone's interested I can post a few as I find them.

Keep Posting!! Where are you from?

Return to “Harvesters”