International 100b series 2 loader Help

Discuss track loaders here

Topic author
wazzainoz

International 100b series 2 loader Help

Post #1 by wazzainoz » Wed Jan 20, 2010 3:29 am

Hello, new here so play nice.
I'm looking at purchasing a 100b series 2 loader ,went to give it a test run it was sitting outdoors unused were its been for about 7 years started once or twice in that time.
The engine started after a few cranks and purred real sweet :lol: but when the powershift lever was engaged no movement at all :oops: , after a very long pause it started to inch forward :oops: and much longer time later it would pick up speed but no power, the same for reverse .
The levels in trans look ok but the oil looked milky ,possibly water.
I have read that there are filters that can be cleaned and would like to try that and change the oil if i new more,like amount of and type,
Its a complete machine that looks like it wasn't worked too hard just left to rust unused outside a real shame :arrrrgh:
Any info on these machines gratefully accepted .
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

JimInOz
Flag: Australia

Re: International 100b series 2 loader Help

Post #2 by JimInOz » Wed Jan 20, 2010 3:47 am

Hi Wazza,
Glad you made it to CMN.Nice size Drott..I hope it can go again.
Maybe Martyn W & a few others will be along to help with your query.
A drott sitting outside for 7 years rings alarm bells for me,but it depends on price you paid.You might find steering issues also.
I repaired a machine that had been outside for 14 years.Ended up replacing steering,engine & a few other things.

Good luck.
Jim 03 5436 9292

BulldozerD11

Post #3 by BulldozerD11 » Wed Jan 20, 2010 3:49 am

Welcome to CMN Warren :thumbup:

Looks a tidy machine there :)

Sorry I canot help with your transmission problem for that You probably need our resident Drott expert user B100 - Martyn Williams - he will probably on tomorrow now. Or one of the Service engineers may be able to help you.

Dave
Interested in Tractors, Plant, Heavy Haulage or Steam visit http://tractors.wikia.com/wiki/Tractor_%26_Construction_Plant_Wiki
Help document every manufacturer model build, and record every machine in preservation, clubs and events etc.

Topic author
wazzainoz

Post #4 by wazzainoz » Wed Jan 20, 2010 2:06 pm

Haven't bought it yet jim, the heart says buy it :bow: but the head said better look in the wallet,cos a full trans rebuild and poor tracks
might prove a bit costly. the d206 purrs like a little kitten though,a bright spot on a depressing day :dizzy:
I want to own it and if i could get the trans working i would buy it in a instant.
Any idea what it is worth in current state ?

martyn williams

Post #5 by martyn williams » Wed Jan 20, 2010 7:04 pm

Hello Warren,this is a very common problem.I would change the oil and try to flush through a few times.Also check the strainer and filter.Make sure you use the correct grade of oil.Dextron ATF.Also bleed on the cooler when oil is changed.Oil change should be done every 900 hours.
Try that first.
Running gear is expensive if you can get hold of it,a guide price for a runner would be around £1200.But if it needs a lot of work it would be around £750.Be carefull as they can turn into a money pit.Good luck
Martyn

sean

Post #6 by sean » Wed Jan 20, 2010 9:07 pm

Leave well alone,trust me.

martyn williams

Post #7 by martyn williams » Wed Jan 20, 2010 9:28 pm

Sean is right,you may have to throw lots of money at it and it still may be trouble.Sometimes its worth spending more and get a good machine to start with.You could spend a lot more than the machine will be worth fully restored.
Personally I would walk away from it,but,if you are set on having the machine I would first check if you can get decent running gear for it.It can be fixed but may need a lot of pocket money.
Good luck in what ever way you decide to go.
Martyn

JimInOz
Flag: Australia

Post #8 by JimInOz » Wed Jan 20, 2010 11:01 pm

Hi Wazza,
I know what it's like to see a drott & fall in love with it.
Your big issue is undercarriage availability.There is a constant market for good used undercarriage & engines for IH crawlers,so finding stuff is a matter of timing & (often waiting.).
New undercarriage localy is about 2K per chain ,plus plates,rollers,etc.
Then you have an unknown transmission....

Jim

martyn williams

Post #9 by martyn williams » Wed Jan 20, 2010 11:08 pm

Hello Jim
Yes mate,you need a bit of luck obtaining parts for these machines,they are getting harder to come by these days,that then pushes up the price.
But,sometimes you just have to have a machine,sometimes you get lucky and things work out allright.Been there a few times :lol:
Martyn
With these machines,it dont take long to get the engine out to check the convertor.The hardest job it getting the hard nose off,those fixing bolts can be bloody tight.

Topic author
wazzainoz

Post #10 by wazzainoz » Wed Jan 20, 2010 11:32 pm

Ok thanks for the replies.
So {sean}you mean run don't walk {away very fast}, I think you might be right but then there's the what if bug,
and that little devil on my shoulder thah says :twisted: "you know you want it " :evil:
Thanks Martyn for the input on oil ,Atf oil is that just like power steering and auto trans fluid,
any idea how much oil it would take to fill ,and where are the filters and suction strainer {under floor?}.
So get it cheap if i buy it ,just in case its a money pit :doh:

Return to “Track Loaders”