Nicks Blog | Digger goes to Cyprus part one

News from the market and industry

Topic author
RSS Bot

Nicks Blog | Digger goes to Cyprus part one

Post #1 by RSS Bot » Sat Jul 25, 2009 5:53 pm

A week has now past since my partner Lorna & I returned home from a wonderful 2 weeks on the sunny mediterranean island of Cyprus and as my post holiday blues subside I thought I would share some shots of the earthmoving kit that I spotted whilst out and about in the hire car.

There is a massive British influence on Cyprus and it came as no suprise to me when I spotted the first of many JCB's. This old machine looks like one of the early 3CX models and even in the hot climate of the island it still seems to be suffering from the cab rust that was so familiar on these machines.

This particular machine appears to be working on some kind of self build site.

© Copyright 2009
http://www.contractjournal.com/blogs/digger-blog/2009/07/digger_goes_to_cyprus_part_one.html

go back

Re: Nicks Blog | Digger goes to Cyprus part one

Post #2 by go back » Sat Jul 25, 2009 9:50 pm

some nice pictures the old 955 and 977 are probably my fav machines hope you had a good holiday iam going to get 2 days off next week to take the steam engine to torbay :thumbs_up:

Mike d550

Post #3 by Mike d550 » Sun Jul 26, 2009 7:20 pm

Excellent photos, i enjoy going to the greek islands as you get to see all kinds of old caterpillar equipment kicking about!

My mate is heading out to Cyprus next week for 3 years with the RAF, i was planning on heading out there in Sept/Oct to see him, i cannot wait now, i'll be taking my all my camera gear with me !!!!! :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up:

Regards

Mike D550 8-)

Nick Drew

Post #4 by Nick Drew » Sun Jul 26, 2009 7:25 pm

Mike d550 wrote:Excellent photos, i enjoy going to the greek islands as you get to see all kinds of old caterpillar equipment kicking about!

My mate is heading out to Cyprus next week for 3 years with the RAF, i was planning on heading out there in Sept/Oct to see him, i cannot wait now, i'll be taking my all my camera gear with me !!!!! :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up:

Regards

Mike D550 8-)

Nice one Mike !!

You will not be dissapointed mate, there is loads of old kit lying around and indeed still at work over there and a lot of it is ex British stuff as you will see in next weeks blog post !

I could easily spend the whole holiday searching out kit but of course my other half would not really appreciate that !! :lol: :lol: She is very tolerent as it is bless her !! ;)

I love the place and could easily see myself living and working out there got to be better then this dump !!

Nick :thumbs_up:

Return to “News”