Wastewater treatment works improvements

Do you have a site around the corner? Show us the progress, discuss the approach ...

Topic author
birdman

Wastewater treatment works improvements

Post #1 by birdman » Fri May 01, 2009 3:31 pm

Hi guys,
Not sure where to post this, but I think this section is the most appropriate. Work has finally got under way at the treatment works that I work at for major improvements to the site. Work has been progressing slowly for a few months, mainly setting up site cabins, contractors cabins,and stores, also boundary fences have been set up. Now that the final land purchase has been sorted most of the major civil works can now start, at the moment not a great deal is going on, and not much plant on site, this will soon change as there is upwards of two years work and up to two hundred contractors will be on site. I hope to photograph as much as I can as and when I can and to update this photo site as often as possible

Have added more photos 31/03/2009

Added photos of the Solimec SR-70 Rotary rig owned and operated by Bachy Soletanche 22/04/09 also shots of the general area that construction will take place. The area that the rotary rig is on at the moment will be the site of a new sludge handling building, the other area will be for 4 x 40M dia primary settlement tanks and grit removal, there will be additional scrubbers built for odour control as well as smaller pumping stations, chemical storage and electrical sub stations.

More Photos added 30/04/2009

As work progresses I will be adding more photos. If you have any questions I will try and answer them, I hope you enjoy.

Just a few photos,

There are plenty more to be seen at my photo gallery over 350 photos so far, here is a linkhttp://steven-john-bird.digimig.co.uk/c1667207.html

Steve.

Jack

Re: Wastewater treatment works improvements

Post #2 by Jack » Fri May 01, 2009 6:17 pm

Great Pictures Steve, Thanks For Posting :thumbs_up: You think there will be any need for cranes on your site :?: :lol:

Topic author
birdman

Post #3 by birdman » Sat May 02, 2009 8:58 am

Hi Jack,

There was details in the early days of planing for 2 tower cranes, but I think that idea has been scrapped, as construction continues I am sure there will be plenty of cranes on site, mainly mobile and possible some crawlers, watch this space.

Steve.

Topic author
birdman

Post #4 by birdman » Mon May 11, 2009 2:25 pm

Hi Guys,

Have added some more photos to the site showing the area where 4 38M dia primary tanks are to be constructed

Steve.

Martyn Henley
Flag: Great Britain

Post #5 by Martyn Henley » Mon May 11, 2009 4:02 pm

Hi Steve, great pictures that you are showing .. but a couple of questions,

Where is the water treatment works and is Hawk the main muckshifters on the job ?

Martyn

Topic author
birdman

Post #6 by birdman » Mon May 11, 2009 4:54 pm

Hi Martyn,
Thanks for the kind words, the site is based just outside of Fleetwood in the North West of England near Blackpool just to clarify it is a Wastewater treatment works not water, we deal with the lumpy stuff :lol: and Hawk is the main muckshiting contractor.

Hope that helps Martyn any other questions just let me know and I will see if I can answer them.

Steve.

Martyn Henley
Flag: Great Britain

Post #7 by Martyn Henley » Mon May 11, 2009 4:59 pm

Thats great Steve thank you :thumbs_up:

Martyn

IBH

Post #8 by IBH » Mon May 11, 2009 9:16 pm

Is the KMI on the Hitachi for Kier-Murphy-Interserve?

Topic author
birdman

Post #9 by birdman » Tue May 12, 2009 7:46 am

Hi IBH,
Well spotted, you are indeed correct KMI is a joint venture partnership with Kier, Murphy and Interserve.

Steve.

Topic author
birdman

Post #10 by birdman » Mon May 18, 2009 4:22 pm

Hi Guys,

Have recently updated photo gallery with photos from last few days, not a lot going on due to the heavy rain of late, there is a few photos of two piling rigs that arrived last week

More to been seen http://steven-john-bird.digimig.co.uk/c1667207.html

Steve.

Return to “Workplaces/Job reports”