Plant & Machinery Magazines

Talk about everything else here.

martyn williams

Re: Dick Hampton

Post #31 by martyn williams » Sat Jan 03, 2009 1:32 pm

I was told by Peter Simpson that there is a huge amount of things waiting to go into CP&M.I have emailed him on the new JCB's article If those JCB writeups were dropped there would be more space for the Classic plant items.Which Tony has rightly said should be in the magazine with Classic plant in its title.I have passed on Tony's comments to him.Happy new year Tony.
I am waiting to get in a writeup on compressors and wackers plus the long awaited website writeup.
Martyn

peterffa

Post #32 by peterffa » Sat Jan 03, 2009 5:31 pm

Classic Plant & Machinery - I must apologise if readers of CP&M feel there is too much new machine content in the magazine, yet readers have asked for a section on new equipment, JCB constantly supply news, other OEMs dont. Also if readers have stories, photographs contacts for older plant please feel free to get in touch, after all CP&M is for the reader. Your stories and photographs as well as comments are always appreciated.

Peter.

B100 LOADER wrote:I was told by Peter Simpson that there is a huge amount of things waiting to go into CP&M.I have emailed him on the new JCB's article If those JCB writeups were dropped there would be more space for the Classic plant items.Which Tony has rightly said should be in the magazine with Classic plant in its title.I have passed on Tony's comments to him.Happy new year Tony.
I am waiting to get in a writeup on compressors and wackers plus the long awaited website writeup.
Martyn
[/quote]

martyn williams

Post #33 by martyn williams » Sat Jan 03, 2009 6:13 pm

Great to have you on board Peter.You will see that this website is growing with it getting close to 700 members.I think we all know its difficult to please everyone.I think you will enjoy reading CMN.I think it will give you a good view of what your readers and CMN members are looking for.This can only be a good thing for CMN and Classic Plant and Machinery magazine.Long may both continue :thumbs_up:
Martyn

Martyn Henley
Flag: Great Britain

Post #34 by Martyn Henley » Sat Jan 03, 2009 6:15 pm

Greetings Peter and a big welcome to CMN :thumbs_up:
I think the story of Daniel and the Lions den springs to mind ..

Martyn

Topic author
Nick Drew

Post #35 by Nick Drew » Sat Jan 03, 2009 7:03 pm

Hi Peter,

This is great news having the Editor of CP&M joining us here at CMN ! :thumbs_up:

You are very welcome !! :D

I am also looking forward to seeing some more of my contributions published in the magazine :thumbs_up:

Nick :P

Martyn Henley

Re: Plant & Machinery Magazines

Post #36 by Martyn Henley » Sat Jan 03, 2009 7:55 pm

Hi All .. i have moved the Classic plant mag posts from the Dick Hampton thread on to this thread...we dont want the Dick Hampton thread to be buried :thumbs_up:

Martyn

Topic author
Nick Drew

Post #37 by Nick Drew » Sat Jan 03, 2009 8:19 pm

Good Move Martyn :thumbs_up:

Nick :D

modelman093

Post #38 by modelman093 » Sat Jan 03, 2009 8:51 pm

Martyn Henley wrote:Hi All .. i have moved the Classic plant mag posts from the Dick Hampton thread on to this thread...we dont want the Dick Hampton thread to be buried :thumbs_up:

Martyn

No, and I'm not ready to be buried either. Will read the obits on Monday to check!
The other guy's job often looks easy but I would not want to be a magazine editor balancing the pressures from readers, advertisers, the publisher and maybe shareholders - and in the case of CPM having to go out and research for articles as well.
We are fortunate in having two good magazines in CPM and Earthmovers (the latter is more than a worthy successor to Muck Shifter of the 60s/70s). May be the CPM readers who want more new plant articles should subscribe to Earthmovers and leave CPM to be true to its title.
Am told that Historical Construction Equipment Association in the States also do a good mag.
Angus

nick lamb

Post #39 by nick lamb » Sun Jan 04, 2009 1:39 pm

Fair comment TC,I have just cancelled my standing order for Classic Plant and Earthmovers at my local newsagent.I still prefere Classic Plant mag but there is alot of mini digger,JCB stuff in there that doesn't float my boat.That type of content would be more suited to Earthmovers I think.Some of the features are good and I don't just refere to the 1960's motorway stuff.I would like to see regular features on allsorts of muckshifting companies from big outfits to small outfits.There is endless content other than just JC Balls or SE Davies.lets see some more of Tarmac,Wimpey,McAlpine,Blackwell,Becher,Budge,Merriman,VHE,Manghan Shaw,Gravelle,Morshan,Dick Hampton,Public Works,Shellabear Price.....the list of interesting topics is endless and that's before you feature the smaller outfits.I have decided to buy these mags whenever I flick through them and if they don't tickle my fancy,then back on the shelf they go!!

XS650

Post #40 by XS650 » Sun Jan 04, 2009 3:54 pm

:dizzy: I've said it before but what is the point of buyers guides to new plant in a classic plant mag. I feel cheated every time my subscription copy turns up with this stuff in. Would they dream of putting a new Vauhall Corsa roadtest in Classic Car mag ,no way. Rant over :evil:
Not all those who wander are lost.

Return to “Off Topic”