Benford terex roller

Discuss pavers, rollers, mills and other paving equipment here

Topic author
leeflude
Flag: Great Britain

Benford terex roller

Post #1 by leeflude » Sun Jan 12, 2020 7:21 pm

Eveng all!
I am looking for a little help with a benford terex pedestrian roller i am trying to revive.
She is quiet poorly at the moment. I can get her to move forwards but not backwards. And vibrate seems to not work at all.
Hoping someone has parts or overhaul manual?
Anyone clued up on the machines?
On the plus side it has a hatz electric start engine which fires up and runs ......... so theres a starting point!
Regards Lee
Thanks in advance for any help.

Topic author
leeflude

Re: Benford terex roller

Post #2 by leeflude » Mon Jan 13, 2020 4:52 pm

Topic author
leeflude

Post #3 by leeflude » Mon Jan 13, 2020 4:54 pm

Been investigating today seems the bearing may have collapsed in the vibration generator.
I dont think it should be toching tge frame like it is in the photoabove .
Lee

Jeremy Rowland

Post #4 by Jeremy Rowland » Mon Jan 13, 2020 8:59 pm

Hi Lee, you may be correct there, is it my imagination or can I see cracks in the cast housing? :think: It's still not beyond repair though.

Jeremy

Whitlock 505
Flag: Wales

Post #5 by Whitlock 505 » Sat Jan 18, 2020 12:06 am

Hi Lee

I've just got a S&P v44 vibroll back from the dead so don't give up hope! The vibrator shaft on mine is offset so when it spins when the clutch is engaged it gives the vibration, looks as though yours may be bent? The vibration works by cable and when the lever by the forward reverse controls is operated it engages the clutch on the side of the roller to drive the belt, it may be its stretched or seized?
With regards to the forward and no reverse, they are operated by a hydrostatic drive motor manufactured by eaton, they are operated by a belt drive and inside there are two races with ball bearings in, one is a delivery side and they operate on pressure, mine wasn't driving but I could see the motor was attempting to move so i took it off and stripped it down, be careful as the one side the ball bearings have springs in and when you strip it down they fly everywhere!!!, I just gave it a good clean and replaced it with new 15w30 engine oil and I was lucky enough that it drives no problem, it may be that it's been topped up with oil and it has an airlock? I have manuals for spares for the mbr71 and the eaton transmission overhaul if you supply me your email address i will gladly forward them to you

There's a video on youtube showing the strip down of the eaton hydrostatic drive they are used on walker hydrostatic lawnmowers in the USA i think if you type in walker hydrostatic drive in the search it will come up

Ian

Whitlock 505
Flag: Wales

Post #6 by Whitlock 505 » Sat Jan 18, 2020 12:39 am

Found the documents
Here's a link to the spares for the benford terex roller
http://constructionsupport.terex.com/_l ... Spares.pdf

And the one for the hydrostatic pump
https://www.eaton.com/ecm/groups/public ... l_1618.pdf

Topic author
leeflude

Post #7 by leeflude » Sat Jan 18, 2020 10:16 pm

Jeremy Rowland wrote:Hi Lee, you may be correct there, is it my imagination or can I see cracks in the cast housing? :think: It's still not beyond repair though.

Jeremy

Ah see what you mean but theres alot of mud in the bottom there. Lots like is cracked in pic but its ok thankfully.

Topic author
leeflude

Post #8 by leeflude » Sat Jan 18, 2020 10:23 pm

Whitlock 505 wrote:Hi Lee

I've just got a S&P v44 vibroll back from the dead so don't give up hope! The vibrator shaft on mine is offset so when it spins when the clutch is engaged it gives the vibration, looks as though yours may be bent? The vibration works by cable and when the lever by the forward reverse controls is operated it engages the clutch on the side of the roller to drive the belt, it may be its stretched or seized?
With regards to the forward and no reverse, they are operated by a hydrostatic drive motor manufactured by eaton, they are operated by a belt drive and inside there are two races with ball bearings in, one is a delivery side and they operate on pressure, mine wasn't driving but I could see the motor was attempting to move so i took it off and stripped it down, be careful as the one side the ball bearings have springs in and when you strip it down they fly everywhere!!!, I just gave it a good clean and replaced it with new 15w30 engine oil and I was lucky enough that it drives no problem, it may be that it's been topped up with oil and it has an airlock? I have manuals for spares for the mbr71 and the eaton transmission overhaul if you supply me your email address i will gladly forward them to you

There's a video on youtube showing the strip down of the eaton hydrostatic drive they are used on walker hydrostatic lawnmowers in the USA i think if you type in walker hydrostatic drive in the search it will come up

Ian

Thanks so much for your help.
I will have to gen up on the hydrostatic drive and strip it down.
As for the colapsed bearing it looks like deap surgery i that i will have to dismantle the drum to get to the inards of the vibration shaft and its bearings.
Regards lee.

Return to “Paving Equipment”