Barford Bison Breaking

Discuss dumpers here

Topic author
womble3go

Barford Bison Breaking

Post #1 by womble3go » Wed Nov 27, 2019 4:21 pm

Hello Guys,

I am thinking of breaking a 2ton dumper, which I think is a Barford Bison if I ve got it right.

I got with the hope of repairing but the gearbox and drop box are too costly to repair. So before it goes to scrap would any one be wanting any parts? skip bucket still good and holding water, the front axle is a salisbury with the brakes inside, the brakes seem to work but not moved it too far because of box issues. Frame is good.

Sorry, engine and rear axle are not available.

If anything can be of use please get in touch, can sort photos of parts, it's near Oswestry SY10 area, would like to recover some costs if possible.

essexpete

Re: Barford Bison Breaking

Post #2 by essexpete » Thu Nov 28, 2019 12:54 am

Have you actually started breaking it?

cobbadog
Flag: Australia

Post #3 by cobbadog » Thu Nov 28, 2019 7:10 am

A little bit extra info sometimes helps like, where it is on this big planet. Don't need home address but a locality and country sometimes could generate more info for you.
Sounds like Pete is onto it as another project.
Cheers Cobba

essexpete

Post #4 by essexpete » Thu Nov 28, 2019 10:30 am

No I was wondering if a a complete gearbox might be sourced for the op. I guess they have already tried?

Topic author
womble3go

Post #5 by womble3go » Thu Nov 28, 2019 8:28 pm

Hi,

Have not started to break it yet, sort of testing the waters, have take the gearbox off and separated the dropbox from it, to see what was going.

It's near Oswestry SY10 area.

The gear box has the normal wear and tear in it and looks like some one in the past either hit a big rock at the bottom or tried jacking on it! The drop box had a lack of oil and has wear so badly you can stick a finger between the cogs :o. Have been looking for parts but the price or location is wrong when they turn up.

Hope this is more help, engine possible could go with it if price is right it a PH2 electric start but one of the pots is leak on the head that I know off and still have all the gearbox parts in boxs.

cobbadog
Flag: Australia

Post #6 by cobbadog » Fri Nov 29, 2019 6:52 am

Another gearbox would be ideal if and when available at less than Ned Kelly's thieving prices. Repairing the engine should not be a big problem nor expensive. Sounds like your going down the right road and researching your options. hope something turns up for you soon.
Cheers Cobba
Cheers Cobba

Return to “Dumpers”