JCB 3C MK 2 1972

Put your equipment for sale here
Forum rules
Please use so called TAGS in the subject of the post when posting in here.
[For sale]
[Wanted]
[Exchange]
[Swap]

Topic author
mickjcb3c
Flag: Great Britain

JCB 3C MK 2 1972

Post #1 by mickjcb3c » Thu Apr 11, 2019 12:00 pm

JCB 3C MK 2 MANUAL GEARBOX.
This jcb has been in my possession for the last 6 years original purchase to carry out some ground clearance .
completed now.
Very good condition for a 47 year old machine , loads done and spent on it see photos ( Nearly a museum piece)
Registered and road legal history checked with jcb and registration obtained from dvla v5 present and taxed ( exempt as historic vehicle )
Recent new tyres rear OS and new fronts, NS rear is part worn .
Head gasket replaced and coolant system flushed , oils changed and filters .
new battery , new seat , lights, seals ,hoses, brakes and so on ,even the cab heater works .
Full repaint after stripping sanding etc to a good standard Last september .
everything works , there are a few minor oil leaks/weeps/ wear and tear/ but nothing to worry about it will start every time ok summer or winter.
5227 hours on it cannot verify as clock was not working when i obtained it new drive cable sorted that out .
additional fuel gauge fitted which replaced dash one could not get that to work! windscreen has the diagonal crack but only minor
also there is a thumb on the dipper and a quick hitch pin type not spring .
front shovel is very good with lifting eye , fitted with a solid steel bar in the lip or the shovel to distribute load won't bend .
A set of 4 buckets , 30" bulk no teeth, 60" grader/ditching,22" trenching with teeth side cutters with loose pins so can be reversed in quick hitch for face work , 10" trench with grip teeth side cutters good for root/stump work all fitted with fix pins for quick hitch.
a full set of new teeth x 7 and 2 side cutter +bolts
locking bar for rear actor and extension exhaust pipe with flap
Spare oils ,drum and pump about 10 gallons a few spare hoses ,diesel filter housing twin brand new rare to find these days .
and a few other items.
I did plan to show it at dorset steam fair last year but unforeseen circumstances prevented it and i doubt if i will get time in the future so i think it needs a good home , it will do a days work, lot quicker than a shovel but its old and cannot match the new machines now but if you have read this far then you know what its about .
NOW FOR THE PRICE.
It has cost me a small fortune over the years and i will not get that back but realistically
i will be looking for offers over £4700 bearing in mind that it comes with a lot of additional kit . feel free to message me with any questions really it need to be view to be appreciated. i cannot deliver so low loader will be required can be driven to main road ok but access road is not adopted and unsuitable large artic unit location is rg45 area crowthorne .
my direct e mail is rangeey@googlemail.com
Legal bit .
I reserve the right to remove at any time and cleared funds/cash before it leaves the site, in the event of multiple buyers first to deposit wins
No warranties implied or given sold as seen and accepted .
please see photos .
regards
Mike.
Last edited by mickjcb3c on Thu Apr 11, 2019 11:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

essexpete

Re: JCB 3C MK 2 1974

Post #2 by essexpete » Thu Apr 11, 2019 9:29 pm

mickjcb3c wrote:JCB 3C MK 2 MANUAL GEARBOX.
This jcb has been in my possession for the last 6 years original purchase to carry out some ground clearance .
completed now.
Very good condition for a 47 year old machine , loads done and spent on it see photos ( Nearly a museum piece)
Registered and road legal history checked with jcb and registration obtained from dvla v5 present and taxed ( exempt as historic vehicle )
Recent new tyres rear OS and new fronts, NS rear is part worn .
Head gasket replaced and coolant system flushed , oils changed and filters .
new battery , new seat , lights, seals ,hoses, brakes and so on ,even the cab heater works .
Full repaint after stripping sanding etc to a good standard Last september .
everything works , there are a few minor oil leaks/weeps/ wear and tear/ but nothing to worry about it will start every time ok summer or winter.
5227 hours on it cannot verify as clock was not working when i obtained it new drive cable sorted that out .
additional fuel gauge fitted which replaced dash one could not get that to work! windscreen has the diagonal crack but only minor
also there is a thumb on the dipper and a quick hitch pin type not spring .
front shovel is very good with lifting eye , fitted with a solid steel bar in the lip or the shovel to distribute load won't bend .
A set of 4 buckets , 30" bulk no teeth, 60" grader/ditching,22" trenching with teeth side cutters with loose pins so can be reversed in quick hitch for face work , 10" trench with grip teeth side cutters good for root/stump work all fitted with fix pins for quick hitch.
a full set of new teeth x 7 and 2 side cutter +bolts
locking bar for rear actor and extension exhaust pipe with flap
Spare oils ,drum and pump about 10 gallons a few spare hoses ,diesel filter housing twin brand new rare to find these days .
and a few other items.
I did plan to show it at dorset steam fair last year but unforeseen circumstances prevented it and i doubt if i will get time in the future so i think it needs a good home , it will do a days work, lot quicker than a shovel but its old and cannot match the new machines now but if you have read this far then you know what its about .
NOW FOR THE PRICE.
It has cost me a small fortune over the years and i will not get that back but realistically
i will be looking for offers over £4700 bearing in mind that it comes with a lot of additional kit . feel free to message me with any questions really it need to be view to be appreciated. i cannot deliver so low loader will be required can be driven to main road ok but access road is not adopted and unsuitable large artic unit location is rg45 area crowthorne .
my direct e mail is rangeey@googlemail.com
Legal bit .
I reserve the right to remove at any time and cleared funds/cash before it leaves the site, in the event of multiple buyers first to deposit wins
No warranties implied or given sold as seen and accepted .
please see photos .
regards
Mike.

Perhaps a photo?

Topic author
mickjcb3c

Re: JCB 3C MK 2 1972

Post #3 by mickjcb3c » Thu Apr 11, 2019 11:03 pm

Last edited by mickjcb3c on Thu Apr 11, 2019 11:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Topic author
mickjcb3c

Post #4 by mickjcb3c » Thu Apr 11, 2019 11:18 pm

Thanks for the heads up ref the photos , i thought they had already been loaded but i have now worked out how to do it .
Cheers
Mike.

Topic author
mickjcb3c

Post #5 by mickjcb3c » Thu Apr 11, 2019 11:40 pm

[img]http://www.classicmachinery.net/forum/images/userpix/45281_30ZGZKPB4C8441554981555.jpg[

essexpete

Post #6 by essexpete » Fri Apr 12, 2019 9:51 am

Well done and thank you for such comprehensive photos. You just need an original black and red trimmed seat! Even the fuel gauge works.

Topic author
mickjcb3c

Post #7 by mickjcb3c » Fri Apr 12, 2019 10:30 am

Hi
Glad you like the photos, a genuine seat was impossible to find in a condition worth fitting , original was very worn and foam was rotten so i purchase the modern sprung dampened seat it was over £140 which fits on the origina mount plate but its much more comfortable as you know no springs on the jakes,,
Mick.

Jeremy Rowland

Post #8 by Jeremy Rowland » Fri Apr 12, 2019 10:41 pm

Wow that is one very smart JCB :claphands: hope you get what your asking for it you have certainly put the time into it. :thumbup:

Jeremy

Topic author
mickjcb3c

Post #9 by mickjcb3c » Fri Apr 12, 2019 10:55 pm

Hi
your right a fair few hours i estimate about 190 hrs of work ,research , obtaining bit etc , you would be pushed to find a better one ,outside jcbs own collections or private collections of construction firms etc.

Topic author
mickjcb3c

Post #10 by mickjcb3c » Fri Apr 12, 2019 11:03 pm

HI ALL.
I am going to Germany Saturday and will be back on Thursday 18 April, so will not be able to reply to any messages till then!
cheers

Mick
posting.php?mode=edit&f=45&p=116483&sid=87ada43973592af0766bc28c15714263#

I am back now so if any one is interested in this feel free to contact me

Return to “For sale”