B100 Drott Restoration Project

Discuss track loaders here

Topic author
jimmymc
Flag: Great Britain

Re: B100 Drott Restoration Project

Post #21 by jimmymc » Mon Nov 27, 2017 1:06 pm

Good morning!
Fred i think from what i saw on Saturday it’s definitely a BD264 thats in this one?
I think a hone would be the way forward. So i might just take the head off it and see whats what.
On the battery front then, one decent 12v commercial battery will be enough for it ?

FOWLER MAN
Flag: Wales

Post #22 by FOWLER MAN » Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:23 pm

jimmymc wrote:Good morning!
Fred i think from what i saw on Saturday it’s definitely a BD264 thats in this one?
I think a hone would be the way forward. So i might just take the head off it and see whats what.
On the battery front then, one decent 12v commercial battery will be enough for it ?

The earlier ones did use the 264 engine, I may be confusing yours with the later 100 loader model. The engine number should be on the generator side of the block anyway.
Any 12v battery with big enough capacity will start it but I don't think there's room for one under the seat as the original two 6v batteries were arranged at right angles to each other in order to squeeze them in.
Fred

Topic author
jimmymc

Post #23 by jimmymc » Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:45 pm

I see what you're saying, I'll need to give the battery some thought, possibly relocate it .
I think this one is a pretty early one, then again I can't be too sure , not many plates left on it.
If I don't get anything done on it this week it'll be a full weekend on it this weekend, should make some headway then

romneyman

Post #24 by romneyman » Mon Nov 27, 2017 7:12 pm

HiJimmy,
The 50hp BD264 engine fitted to your B100 is the correct engine for this machine and is the same engine as fitted in the BTD6 so the head gasket will fit. The head,cylinder block and crank are the same,the fuel injector pumps fuel filters and water pumps changed from the BTD6 to the B100s but the main engine parts are the same.
The BD281 engine was rated at 60hp and was fitted to the B125 and BTD8s.
Fred is right about the steering clutch compression bolts 7/16 UNC 5/8 inch spanner size.
Hope that helps, Peter

Topic author
jimmymc

Post #25 by jimmymc » Mon Nov 27, 2017 7:28 pm

Yes Peter that all helps! The knowledge on here from you guys is excellent, I first worked on these B100's when I left school in 1994/5 and they were old then! The guy I worked for had a lot of old plant and it was fantastic to get to work on it. I learnt more from the old stuff in a short period of time that Ive been able to carry on to the newer stuff. Its all nut and bolt technology with the old kit, and underneath the birds nest of wires on some of the new stuff they are mostly the same. I'm looking forward to this project and getting a tune out of it in the near future!

Topic author
jimmymc

Post #26 by jimmymc » Sun Dec 03, 2017 11:34 pm

Set about the old drott today and whipped the head of it, it's ugly in there!
I've taken some pics that I'll add tomorrow, next move is to pull the sump and get the pistons out, it'll definitely need a hone and a good clear out.

mechman

Post #27 by mechman » Fri Jan 19, 2018 2:36 pm

Has the Drott got any uglier?
Norm. :?:

Return to “Track Loaders”