Manitou mb25 forklift

Discuss fork lifts here

Topic author
fordf100
Flag: Great Britain

Manitou mb25 forklift

Post #1 by fordf100 » Sat Apr 08, 2017 9:45 pm

Hi all I have a 1982 rough terrain manitou have a problem with the mast/forks as they are stuck 7 ft in the air they will go higher but come to a definitive stop have tried putting a ton weight on them but still the same everything else works silt & side shift has anyone got any ideas thanks

hair bear

Re: Manitou mb25 forklift

Post #2 by hair bear » Sat Apr 08, 2017 10:08 pm

Not familiar with these but it sounds like the mast has over reached and the telescopic bit is out of it's guide rail, or it's reached past a 'stop' and can't return. Best I can suggest is park it with the forks over a lorry bed or similar as you can inspect it without a ladder, you're not under it if it drops, and if it drops it's not the full seven feet damaging itself.
I'm sure someone else will have a better idea.
If a LandRover doesn't leak oil, it's run out.

kipme
Flag: Netherlands

Post #3 by kipme » Sun Apr 09, 2017 8:23 pm

check the 2stage there's a problem there?
disconnect the hydraulics,CAREFULL!!
If it doesn't come down it's mechanical.(mastrols?) if it does come down you should check you're hydraulic hose's etc

Topic author
fordf100

Post #4 by fordf100 » Mon Apr 10, 2017 7:47 pm

Thanks for replys drained hydraulic oil yesterday then took hose off main ram & it's still stuck tried again before draining down was going even higher so stopped as its over 7 ft high now as ram was going up was sticking & jumping as it was moving,so what are the mastrols ?

Jeremy Rowland

Post #5 by Jeremy Rowland » Tue Apr 11, 2017 7:31 am

fordf100 wrote:Thanks for replys drained hydraulic oil yesterday then took hose off main ram & it's still stuck tried again before draining down was going even higher so stopped as its over 7 ft high now as ram was going up was sticking & jumping as it was moving,so what are the mastrols ?

I am assuming that the mastrols are the parts of the jib that the sliding jib fits in? Could also be the ram itself if its a telescopic ram? Just a couple of ideas, if it isn't a hydraulic problem then it can only be a mechanical one making the jib jamb.
When you took the hose off the ram is there any kind of safety valve there because that could also be holding any hydraulic oil in the ram holding the whole thing up.
If you are sure that you have drained all of the oil from the ram then be very careful when you try to bring it down as there will be nothing to stop it from crashing down.

Jeremy

Topic author
fordf100

Post #6 by fordf100 » Tue Apr 11, 2017 7:03 pm

Beginning to think it's the mast bearings so I'm going to drop mast down on floor then take main ram off & see initially thought hydraulic filter or pipes were blocked & not letting oil return but now I've drained it & filter off & both look new so beginning to think last owner thought this too

Jeremy Rowland

Post #7 by Jeremy Rowland » Tue Apr 11, 2017 10:34 pm

fordf100 wrote:Beginning to think it's the mast bearings so I'm going to drop mast down on floor then take main ram off & see initially thought hydraulic filter or pipes were blocked & not letting oil return but now I've drained it & filter off & both look new so beginning to think last owner thought this too

With the mast dropped to the floor and the ram removed you should easily locate the fault which I suspect is more than likely to be mechanical and not hydraulic; good luck let us know what you find? :thumbup:

Jeremy

kipme
Flag: Netherlands

Post #8 by kipme » Wed Apr 12, 2017 11:03 pm

should be the rolls if the hydraulics are okay.

Topic author
fordf100

Post #9 by fordf100 » Fri Oct 13, 2017 8:53 am

Right finally got it sorted dropped the mast out & stripped it took out jib & found bearing had been running on edge of mast & bent out so it was binding got it out massive amounts of heat hammered it back did manage to bend it on the length so had to straighten that got it all back in & it's working great now thanks to all who replied

Return to “Fork Lifts”