Searching for JCB Parts Supplier

Discuss loaders/backhoes here

Topic author
MBauer
Flag: United States of America

Searching for JCB Parts Supplier

Post #1 by MBauer » Tue Dec 13, 2016 3:30 pm

Hello folks. I'm not new to the site but this is my first post. I purchased a 1994 JCB 214 backhoe back in April of this year to use around the house and am slowly putting parts in it to get it back into good working order. I am fixing to replace a handful of pins and all of the bushings in the rear of the machine, as well as the seals in the cylinders. I have searched around online and ran across Green Plant Machinery out of the UK on Ebay. I have emailed them back and forth and they are very responsive and seem to be the best price. My question is, have any of you had any dealings with them, good or bad? Also, have any of you used their pins and bushings specifically and, if so, how are they holding up? I have been ordering parts from On Track Machinery in Miami, Florida up to this point and haven't had a bit of problem out of them. I can just save about $600 ordering from the UK than I can getting the parts through them, and this includes the shipping.

Thanks in advance for your responses.

Land Rover

Re: Searching for JCB Parts Supplier

Post #2 by Land Rover » Sat Dec 17, 2016 12:15 pm

I have used a few people with differing results http://www.diggerparts.net/ are one of the cheaper ones , although I always get frustrated that the guy can't understand my Scottish accent . He is on ebay as well .
Is it Garden Plant Machinery you are using ?. I've had a few bits for other stuff and they were good .
The only one that consistently has the bits and is on the ball is Vicary Plant http://www.vicaryplant.co.uk/ although I get the impression he is maybe fractionally dearer than some of the ebay deals , but he has the parts and they get sent pronto .
You pay your money .....you take yer ....
I'd say that if you are using the machine for hobby type use then most pins would last long enough ?

Topic author
MBauer

Post #3 by MBauer » Tue Jan 10, 2017 9:47 pm

Thanks Land Rover. Sorry for not responding sooner. Had a mishap not long after the post and ended up with my leg in a cast...so I haven't been working on any equipment since.
No, it's not "Garden" Plant Machinery, it's listed as "Green" Plant Machinery. I'm guessing these are different stores. I'll check into the other two that you have listed.
Yes, the machine is for hobby use...maybe 10 hours a month. 20 if I'm really ambitious! So I was kind of thinking the same thing - that any decent pin should last me a lifetime!

Land Rover

Post #4 by Land Rover » Thu Jan 12, 2017 6:52 pm

I also had a look and I see Green Plant Machinery on ebay as well .
From a lot of the stuff I have been sent by various suppliers there seems to be one main manufacturer of these aftermarket pins and bushes . I think you will get the same bits no matter where you shop . Ok , there might be some crap ones out there

Land Rover

Post #5 by Land Rover » Tue Jan 17, 2017 5:48 pm

I just noticed that Vicary Plant are on ebay as well .
They have just started on the bay , but are well known outwith ebay .
They are a very good outfit and well recommended .
Check out http://stores.ebay.co.uk/vicaryplantspa ... 7675.l2563

Topic author
MBauer

Post #6 by MBauer » Mon Feb 06, 2017 7:06 pm

Thanks again Land Rover. The cast on my leg comes off next week so hopefully I can get back to work on this thing. I will check out Vicary Plant for sure.

Return to “Loaders/Backhoes”