roughrider 750kg dumper

Discuss dumpers here

Topic author
the dalesman
Flag: Great Britain

roughrider 750kg dumper

Post #1 by the dalesman » Sun Jan 08, 2017 8:21 pm

Hi all,new guy here, wondering if anyone can help. Liner roughrider 750kg dumper won't go into gear with engine running. Tried adjusting clutch freeplay but made no difference. Stripped gearbox & clutch out. Only things that don't look right are release bearing (graphite ring type) looks worn & clutch plate was stuck to flywheel/pressure plate. Otherwise everything looks as good as new. Has anyone got any manuals /spare parts drawings that i could access? Also has anyone got the correct procedure for setting up/adjusting the clutch? Any help much appreciated. Steve.

Jeremy Rowland

Re: roughrider 750kg dumper

Post #2 by Jeremy Rowland » Sun Jan 08, 2017 9:59 pm

Hi Stephen and welcome to CMN :wave: I'm guessing that you have found your problem if the friction plate had managed to get stuck to the flywheel and pressure plate then the drive would not be broken when the clutch pedal is depressed. Make sure that you get any rust off the flywheel and pressure plate, that's assuming the pressure plate and friction plate are still serviceable and get yourself a new release bearing.

Jeremy

Topic author
the dalesman

Post #3 by the dalesman » Mon Jan 09, 2017 10:19 pm

Thanks for the reply Jeremy. Any idea where i can get a replacement release bearing? Flywheel,pressure plate & clutch plate have all cleaned up like new so looking good so far.

Jeremy Rowland

Post #4 by Jeremy Rowland » Tue Jan 10, 2017 8:46 am

the dalesman wrote:Thanks for the reply Jeremy. Any idea where i can get a replacement release bearing? Flywheel,pressure plate & clutch plate have all cleaned up like new so looking good so far.

I'm sure that somebody on here will be able to advise you as to where to obtain a new bearing; if its just a standard bearing that fits in a housing then any bearing/drives supplier would be able to help you out.

Jeremy

Topic author
the dalesman

Post #5 by the dalesman » Thu Jan 12, 2017 7:27 pm

Sourced a release bearing from a company called "L & S Engineers" which i found about through this forum. They have quite a few spares for dumpers as well as many types of other machines. Just need to put it all together now!! Brilliant forum by the way.

Return to “Dumpers”