LOW LOADERS UK. +

Discuss heavy haulage here

BIGSAM
Flag: Great Britain

Re: LOW LOADERS UK. +

Post #171 by BIGSAM » Sun Apr 05, 2015 11:48 am

BIGSAM wrote:Lynch have 10 of these Renualts orderd this one is took today 19/3/15 first impressions not a bad tool but time will tell we have one other at our depot and it's been in the work shop more than on the road

Called mine the French Bulldog !
URL of the original image: http://i1312.photobucket.com/albums/t529/Samsipad/image.jpg1_zpsg1aojmz6.jpg

Well after driving this heap after a few wks it's a big letdown it's got some fantastic features the bed is the best I have ever slept on in a cab but the off road capabilities of a unicycle really lets it down even after RTFM and pressing all the right buttons it's bad a real let down and as for fuel and adblue it drinks more than all the fish in the North Sea !

Sorry Renualt go speak to you mates in VOLVO to see how to build a heavy haul motor !

bigkit

Post #172 by bigkit » Sun Apr 05, 2015 9:27 pm

You're Volvo's best advert! :insomnia:

Personally I love the Volvo and the Scania is great to. :thumbup:

Neversweat

Post #173 by Neversweat » Mon Apr 06, 2015 12:30 pm

BIGSAM wrote:
BIGSAM wrote:Lynch have 10 of these Renualts orderd this one is took today 19/3/15 first impressions not a bad tool but time will tell we have one other at our depot and it's been in the work shop more than on the road

Called mine the French Bulldog !
URL of the original image: http://i1312.photobucket.com/albums/t529/Samsipad/image.jpg1_zpsg1aojmz6.jpg

Well after driving this heap after a few wks it's a big letdown it's got some fantastic features the bed is the best I have ever slept on in a cab but the off road capabilities of a unicycle really lets it down even after RTFM and pressing all the right buttons it's bad a real let down and as for fuel and adblue it drinks more than all the fish in the North Sea

Sorry Renualt go speak to you mates in VOLVO to see how to build a heavy haul motor !

It will use fuel and ad blue at first - Let it bed in a bit it's only a month old. We've had loads of people say that then once it's got a few Kms behind it it settles down.

Volvo engine with a Volvo Gearbox driving Volvo axles - Can't get much more Volvo :D

Some job Hazell and Jefferies are doing with their brand new out of the box Range C are doing 4 loads a day instead of 3 the FM's were doing. As a result order increased from 4 Trucks to 11.

Steve.

bigkit

Post #174 by bigkit » Mon Apr 06, 2015 6:23 pm

That's told us then! :oops: :cry:

Neversweat

Post #175 by Neversweat » Mon Apr 06, 2015 6:50 pm

bigkit wrote:That's told us then! :oops: :cry:

The only thing different are the cabs Clive - Running gear on all the Volvo and Renaults are the same. Parts wise people get a price off us then check with the Volvo dealer or vice versa - Cheapest wins. Economies of scale they call it. When I first started working on Renaults almost everything was built by them - Engines - Gearboxes - Axles all come in house. Right up till the end we still made our own Engines and Axles - Gearboxes when down the Z.F route. Then Volvo bought us off Renault S.A and that was the end of that :(

Cheers
Steve.

bigkit

Post #176 by bigkit » Mon Apr 06, 2015 10:07 pm

To be honest I knew of the link, as the old Renault tippers around the mid 90's were essentially the old Volvo "F" series and were really good. :thumbup:

For me though the Volvo badge has it, I like the original pedigree. ;)

Having said that......the FH16 is in for a dual mass flywheel replacement back to a standard one so Volvo don't get it right all of the time. What cheeses me off is that Volvo made an error in the design by fitting them OEM but the customers have the cost of putting it right! :wtf: :cry:

BIGSAM

Post #177 by BIGSAM » Sat Apr 11, 2015 7:28 pm

We also have a kerax perimium can't fault that apart fro the huge routemaster steering wheel it pulls like a train is very good off road And the fuel is good and best of all its a manual. Don't get me wrong the ishift or what ever the frogs call it is a good box of cogs I just don't think its right for our type of work but then you can only blame the tit who orderd the wagons
Shame about the tippers we run to most of them have been back to Renualt at Northampton with loads of abs faults because someone thought it would be good to fit them with discs that ok if your on road all day not going threw shitty sites and landfills with crap up to the diffs
1 even had the electric hand break apply while he was doing 90ks the other day
My self I like good old nuts n bolts you know what wrong when it go's wrong but electric n computers only as good as the idiot that presses the buttons that programs the software n get bit of water in there and Ya is buggerd !
So think I'll have a F88 6x4 gti that old geeza still runs timber on his no trouble nut to all eurobollox it's costing more money and hassle than anything
Ok time to get off me box n go fa a beer lol :doh: :backto:

Also it mabe all Volvo underneath but it just seams they ain't go the grasp of bolting together properly down in Lyon !

Neversweat

Post #178 by Neversweat » Sun Apr 12, 2015 9:15 am

Discs are alright on Mixers, Aggregates and Tarmac tippers. Drums on anything else :thumbup:

Steve

68a

Post #179 by 68a » Sun Oct 02, 2016 2:28 pm

A receant move
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

68a

Post #180 by 68a » Sun Jan 15, 2017 3:50 pm

Early morning in early January.
At 39 ton,the lowloader pulls it effortlessly.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Heavy Haulage”