PRIESTMAN 120 Mustang scrap grab

Discuss equipment which does not fit in in the other forums here, like cable cranes, material handlers, drilling, piling and screen equipment

Topic author
RUSTY_RELICS
Flag: Great Britain

PRIESTMAN 120 Mustang scrap grab

Post #1 by RUSTY_RELICS » Fri Nov 22, 2013 11:07 pm

Hi all,
Here is a picture of me in our Old Priestman scrap crane its a Mustang 120 on a V reg (1979) and has a six cylinder ford engine the same as in a ford cargo, she's Old but does the job and is easy to work on ...
In the other pictures is the Takeuchi TB016 set up with a little grab for smaller jobs mainly used in the non-ferrous dept in the yard. But the pictures were taken on a farm we were clearing it's handy being able to tow it behind the lorry from the yard to the job for self loading

Thanks
Carl Hargreaves
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

FOWLER MAN
Flag: Wales

Re: PRIESTMAN 120 Mustang scrap grab

Post #2 by FOWLER MAN » Sat Nov 23, 2013 11:08 pm

Hi,
Great to see an old Priestman still earning its keep, thanks for the pics.

I ran ten or more Priestmans and did quite a bit of repair and warrantee work for Priestmans in South Wales.
I'm surprised you refer to yours as a 120. I thought I knew all their models.

The early rubber ducks were the 90s. The 90s continued in production allongside the 120 Mk. 1 & 2 tracked machines and I'm pretty sure they were superceded by the 150s when the 120 Mk.3 went into production.

Yours is a wheeled version of the 120 Mk 3, these were designated the 150M. I worked on both 90s and 150s, but I was never aware of a 120 wheelmount.
These 150s were available with the Ford 365 engine as yours or a Perkins 6-354 option.

Fred.
150 M.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Topic author
RUSTY_RELICS
Flag: Great Britain

Re: PRIESTMAN 120 Mustang scrap grab

Post #3 by RUSTY_RELICS » Sat Nov 23, 2013 11:38 pm

It looks like a 150 now, looking at your picture ... I'm only going off a "dodgy" sticker on the back of the machine, which was on it when we got it years ago ...

As long as she purr's that'll do for us. The engine is spot on it had a replacement from a fire damaged combine harvester and we swapped the hyd pump about 3 yrs ago it operates well for the age of the machine

Thanks
Carl

P.s
When my Grandad run the yard he had a Neals crane I can't remember what model (see attachment for picture) but, I used to play on it when I was a kid he made a drop weight out of steel griders for squadhing the light iron/cars and other stuff. The original engine in that was a Ruston Hornsby 2 cylinder, my uncle still tells me stories of how hard it was to start with a handle ! Anyway the ruston threw a conrod and my grandad replaced it with a ""Self Starting"" Lister HA2. when the crane was scrapped we saved the lister and mounted it on a steel frame as a little tribute to (Late) Grandad. It now has a flat belt pulley on and is used now and again for belt work when we are "hobbying" with our stationary engines, Tractors and crawlers

here is a video clip of the lister as it is now;
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QcNmOjnDHxI&feature=c4-overview&list=UUVlTTXyWUB366LiH75qMtng

Return to “Misc earthmoving equipment”