Getting Rare?

Discuss equipment which does not fit in in the other forums here, like cable cranes, material handlers, drilling, piling and screen equipment

Topic author
lgpbigtrack

Getting Rare?

Post #1 by lgpbigtrack » Tue Jul 10, 2012 1:41 am

Hi all. new to the forum and recently bought a.. well.. I've been describing it as a self loading tracked dumper.
It was built by an Irish company called Bigtrack based out of Dungannon i believe and its the "constructor" model.
It was used for Peat extraction on a peat moss near Hatfeild? And then carnwath bog in lanark after that. Its since sat in a shed for approx 10 years until about a Month ago when i put a battery on her and fired her up. and subsequently bought it.
Since then though i have not been able to find any more info...
It has a ford industrial engine ?2427t? 5.9litre 6cylinder turbo and i think it uses a Mitsubishi excavator up front :-)
Any help would be appreciated and ill try and upload the pics i have.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Jeremy Rowland

Re: Getting Rare?

Post #2 by Jeremy Rowland » Tue Jul 10, 2012 7:38 am

Hi Gregor welcome to the site :wave: thats a very interesting and different machine you have there, and what exactly were you trying to learn about your machine?

Jeremy

Holger
Site Admin
Flag: Sweden

Post #3 by Holger » Tue Jul 10, 2012 9:21 am

That is one cool piece if kit!
More photos please!
Some resources:
How-To

Topic author
lgpbigtrack

Post #4 by lgpbigtrack » Tue Jul 10, 2012 10:21 am

Mainly what the track motors are? As they require new seals..
and also just if there are any more out there? And what kind of money would be in it if i was to restore it?

Jeremy Rowland

Post #5 by Jeremy Rowland » Tue Jul 10, 2012 10:28 am

lgpbigtrack wrote:Mainly what the track motors are? As they require new seals..
and also just if there are any more out there? And what kind of money would be in it if i was to restore it?

I would imagine that track motor seals are freely available from any decent bearings and drives supplier, as for restoration it depends what you want to spend on it and how far do you want to go?

Jeremy

Topic author
lgpbigtrack

Post #6 by lgpbigtrack » Sat Jul 21, 2012 11:54 pm

I've been thinkin about selling this on as just don't have the time to restore her as well as i would like.
Im hoping that someone out there is willing to restore what i can only presume to be a pretty rare machine
Serious offers and more info please call myself Gregor on 07557504591 After 5 preferred
Looking for around £3000 as this is what she cost me also please remember she is a wide machine 3.6 m so requires movement orders to haul.

Return to “Misc earthmoving equipment”