Blast from the past

Discuss equipment which does not fit in in the other forums here, like cable cranes, material handlers, drilling, piling and screen equipment

Topic author
FOWLER MAN
Flag: Wales

Blast from the past

Post #1 by FOWLER MAN » Tue Mar 29, 2011 10:24 pm

Hi,
I was given these pics. by a local dealer.
They are machines I once owned which he photographed when they went through his hands years after I sold them. Theres a Thwaites Giant dumper behind the Komatsu too.
Fred
img022.jpg
img023.jpg
img020.jpg
img021.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

diggerjones
Flag: Great Britain

Re: Blast from the past

Post #2 by diggerjones » Tue Mar 29, 2011 11:23 pm

i like the 3rd pic, what is it. it looks a fair machine

Topic author
FOWLER MAN

Post #3 by FOWLER MAN » Wed Mar 30, 2011 12:26 am

diggerjones wrote:i like the 3rd pic, what is it. it looks a fair machine

Hi Digger,
Thats a Ruston Dynahoe, Its an American design, but this is the British made RB version. The american versionhad a GM engine, but this British version was powered by the Ruston 6YDA air cooled engine like the 22RB.
Powerfull centre kingpost backactor with amazing reach and usefull front end as you can see.
Not much good in a tight site though.
Fred

Ianto36

Post #4 by Ianto36 » Thu May 31, 2012 8:23 pm

hi Fred it's Ian with the K Series Dodge, I am sure BJ plant had one of those Rustons and it was four wheel drive? Always remember seeing it heading towards Tonyrefail in the early 80 s and the driver was always wearing a pair of ear defenders as he bounced along the road whilst driving it!

Topic author
FOWLER MAN

Post #5 by FOWLER MAN » Thu May 31, 2012 10:44 pm

Ianto36 wrote:hi Fred it's Ian with the K Series Dodge, I am sure BJ plant had one of those Rustons and it was four wheel drive? Always remember seeing it heading towards Tonyrefail in the early 80 s and the driver was always wearing a pair of ear defenders as he bounced along the road whilst driving it!

Hi Ian,
Bit late now to welcome you on here, :think: I missed your first post in Feb. :(
What about some pics of that Dodge :?: :?:
Your quite right about BJ having those Dynahoes, I think they had four.
The driver would have needed the ear defenders sitting behind the old Ruston 6YDA engine. They were noisy beasts. :roll:
Fred

Ianto36

Post #6 by Ianto36 » Fri Jun 01, 2012 8:15 pm

Hi Fred, how do you post photos on this site? Do you have to upload from photobucket like trucknetuk? Ian

Ianto36

Post #7 by Ianto36 » Fri Jun 01, 2012 10:53 pm

[img][/img[IMG]http://i985.photobucket.com/albums/ae334/yanto36/f0231e4f.jpg[/img]
]

Ianto36

Post #8 by Ianto36 » Sat Jun 02, 2012 6:25 pm

Here she is Fred with one side of the tipper body restored and paintstripped back to the aluminium. The body is 1970 Edbro vintage off an old AEC Marshall from British Dredging and has calibration wights on it? which i bought off Jeff Way, stripped off the old side rails and vertical supports which were bent a distorted and replaced with new! refurbished the tailboard and put new tailboard lugs, bar and pins. Now to strip the paint on he other side, eat the elepant in small chunks as they say?!

URL of the original image: http://i985.photobucket.com/albums/ae334/yanto36/f0231e4f.jpg

tim
Flag: Great Britain

Post #9 by tim » Sat Jun 02, 2012 6:42 pm

FOWLER MAN wrote:
Ianto36 wrote:hi Fred it's Ian with the K Series Dodge, I am sure BJ plant had one of those Rustons and it was four wheel drive? Always remember seeing it heading towards Tonyrefail in the early 80 s and the driver was always wearing a pair of ear defenders as he bounced along the road whilst driving it!

Hi Ian,
Bit late now to welcome you on here, :think: I missed your first post in Feb. :(
The driver would have needed the ear defenders sitting behind the old Ruston 6YDA engine. They were noisy beasts. :roll:
Fred

Is this the same company?
rbd1.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Ianto36

Post #10 by Ianto36 » Sat Jun 02, 2012 8:05 pm

tim wrote:
FOWLER MAN wrote:

Hi Ian,
Fred

Is this the same company?
rbd1.jpg

Hi Tim,

that's the one, I can remember seeing that photo while trawling the web some time ago, tried to find it again and couldn't! thanks for posting it. brings back some memories, quite an awesome machine for its day and looked the part then and now

Return to “Misc earthmoving equipment”