The forgotten items of plant

Discuss equipment which does not fit in in the other forums here, like cable cranes, material handlers, drilling, piling and screen equipment

tctractors
Flag: Great Britain

Re: The forgotten items of plant

Post #21 by tctractors » Sun Jun 12, 2011 6:29 pm

Ant Queen hoists, these things kept me in a job once Martyn, we did a bit of a muck shift at Botley (oxford) for a shopping mall for Walter Lawrence, we also did a job at what was to be the biggest Car Garage in Europe just up the road, I think it was Hinksey?? anyhow the weather went crap and work was not about, but I managed to cop the post of winch man, extending these hoists upwards and keeping them working on the 2 sites, it was a good winter posting for me as it was simple, also simple to make it look hard work, another winter over and coins in the pocket,the snag with the Building trade is once its built your sacked.

tctractors

Topic author
martyn williams

Post #22 by martyn williams » Sun Jun 12, 2011 9:48 pm

We had those ant queen's on lots of sites in the south West.I did not like the steinweg rope hoists.We tried to take a short cut once to save time.The scaffolding nearly got ripped off the building.oops. We also had the Villiers engined mini crane hoists.
Happy days, not :lol:
When are you down this way next ? I was up at Cheltenham last week on a job.Wagon brake drag.Was down Westbury this morning got soaked right through.Is it summer yet.
Take care
Martyn

dieselsamurai
Flag: Great Britain

Post #23 by dieselsamurai » Sun Jun 12, 2011 9:53 pm

DSC02358.JPG

Heres my Benford cement mixer, not sure of the age but a friend of mine remembers it when it was bought second hand in the early sixties (he has two others from the same lot). I bought it for £50 as it had been stood in the open in a field for 15 years, got it running within an hour and have since mixed nearly 100tons of concrete around the place at home. Used to have a hydraulic loader but pump etc missing. Currently in bits in the workshop thought it deserved to be restored after all these years and a hard life.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

chainmaker

Post #24 by chainmaker » Sun Jun 19, 2011 4:15 pm

dieselsamurai wrote:
DSC02358.JPG

Heres my Benford cement mixer, not sure of the age but a friend of mine remembers it when it was bought second hand in the early sixties (he has two others from the same lot). I bought it for £50 as it had been stood in the open in a field for 15 years, got it running within an hour and have since mixed nearly 100tons of concrete around the place at home. Used to have a hydraulic loader but pump etc missing. Currently in bits in the workshop thought it deserved to be restored after all these years and a hard life.

looks like a 10/7

Return to “Misc earthmoving equipment”