RB 10 WITH AIR CONTROL

Discuss equipment which does not fit in in the other forums here, like cable cranes, material handlers, drilling, piling and screen equipment

Topic author
taurus MK1
Flag: Great Britain

RB 10 WITH AIR CONTROL

Post #1 by taurus MK1 » Thu Jun 10, 2010 10:40 pm

:wave: Hi, took these shots the other week, spotted the boom whilst driving, went for a snoop and met the owner, we then discovered we have comunicated in the past re RB10s.Did not know RB did an air version of 10, the owner thinks he is going to try and return it to standard as not very reliable. Also has engine probs at present. The guy also runs an early RB drilling rig for bore holes.

Cheers John :rockon:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Holger
Site Admin
Flag: Sweden

Re: RB 10 WITH AIR CONTROL

Post #2 by Holger » Fri Jun 11, 2010 9:08 am

Nice shots John!
I like the cab and the controls! :-D
Some resources:
How-To

martyn williams

Post #3 by martyn williams » Fri Jun 11, 2010 12:15 pm

A great find there John :thumbup:
Regards
Martyn
How is the D4 project going ?

pabear52

Post #4 by pabear52 » Fri Jul 16, 2010 10:06 am

The air controls operated the brakes and the steering dogs only and were very effective and a far better turnout than wind the crankhandle so many turns one way and so many back that was a characteristic of the usual 10RB steering system. In the photo you can see the two air-toggle switches mounted on the angled up pipe frame left of the operators seat. While I never owned a 10RB with these I worked one with wide track pads that did and owned a NCK 255 later that had same. I never once had reliability problems other than one burst boot in one of the maxis under neath the 255 while crossing a river. At the time nearby I had friend who had a big Clarke 668 logskidder with a V8 Destroyt in it. When the smoke cleared, the NCK dragline was up on the bank just sledged out! That 668 was one hell of a machine and earned a lot of money in big timber for it's owner, and would round up a Cat 628 skidder without even trying. Sadly they dont make them any more now either.

Return to “Misc earthmoving equipment”