new broom sweeps clean...

Discuss equipment which does not fit in in the other forums here, like cable cranes, material handlers, drilling, piling and screen equipment

Topic author
SRB
Flag: Great Britain

new broom sweeps clean...

Post #1 by SRB » Mon Jan 25, 2010 5:39 am

well, its not new but couldnt think of anything better to put....

unusual (well to someone from the UK at any rate) Rosco RB48 broom i worked with.
Powered by a Cummins engine, saves a load of time with a brush in your hand!

Link to manufacturers website..... http://www.leeboy.com/showcontent.aspx?id=34

SB
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
He who hingeth aboot, getteth hee-haw

TaylorLambert

Re: new broom sweeps clean...

Post #2 by TaylorLambert » Sun Sep 04, 2011 1:15 am

Thats a nice and tidy sweeper there. Rosco makes a great sweeper. Dad ran one as a kid the company he worked for had 3 self propelled ones and several that were powerdriven towed models, and then they also had several that were towed ground drive models.

The 4th District county here changed supervisor and he sold the old road equipment. I gave 500 for and older Terrain King They said the motor was locked up and it wouldnt pull itself. I raised the hood before the sale and it had tiny lawn mower battery I looked under it and there was a hydraulic line leaking. I bought it for the 500 dollars figuring I could use the hydraulics from it. I borrowed a roll off truck and flat tray from work and I hauled it to work. I borrowed the battery from my old 3550 TLB and a little bleeding it fired up. I fixed the oil leak and replaced a bent rim. I did a sweep up of silt on a parking lot and debris and made double my money back on it. The only thing is its super fast. I think it runs about 25 or 30 mph. Its been roughed up before as the supervisor often used unskilled help. Its also alot of machinery to take on one job 2 times larger than the skid steer. Im thinking about parting it out and using the hydraulics on a compost windrower for the farm. I could then take the brush and make it fit my skid steer.

Return to “Misc earthmoving equipment”