Prototype machines

Discuss equipment which does not fit in in the other forums here, like cable cranes, material handlers, drilling, piling and screen equipment

newjcb123uk

Re: Prototype machines

Post #11 by newjcb123uk » Tue Jan 29, 2008 2:54 am

IBH wrote:
newjcb123uk wrote: A couple of years earlier on a visit I spied a prototype JCB robot with a tubular lifting arm and saw a huge/massive JCB backhoe loader out the back - Hydrema size - that was amazing.

Reading that made me think of the 4CX artic that was shown as a prototype back in 1991, I think there is a photo in the JCB golden jubilee album book.
Interesting JCB evaluating a curved backhoe boom, imagine that!

Yes thats what I thought I was surprised - but I suppose JCB get their ideas from others as well as pioneer new creations. Mr JCB first got his backhoe idea from the Swiss and then developed it :idea: - I know that there is a fantastic new Backhoe Loader concept being put through it's paces by JCB - its been done before but never had a big name behind it - I don't want to sound a dick but have been sworn to secrecy as I don't want to offend a friend. Sell you the pictures for a fiver he he :mrgreen:
"A man reaps what he sows"

John Gaunt
Flag: Great Britain

Post #12 by John Gaunt » Tue Jan 29, 2008 8:29 am

Great photographs, Lewis. It's good that such special machines have been preserved rather than being gas axed !

IBH

Post #13 by IBH » Fri Mar 28, 2008 4:14 pm

JCB 1CX Prototype with rubber tracks shown at Intermat 2000, but as yet not put into production. Ditchwitch build a similar machine in the US
http://www.ditchwitch.com/model.asp?modid=28

John Gaunt
Flag: Great Britain

Post #14 by John Gaunt » Fri Mar 28, 2008 9:27 pm

Nice looking machine, wonder why it didn't make it into production, low demand or more expensive than wheeled version ?
Thanks for sharing.

Jason_Hannaford

Post #15 by Jason_Hannaford » Fri Mar 28, 2008 10:50 pm

John Gaunt wrote:Nice looking machine, wonder why it didn't make it into production, low demand or more expensive than wheeled version ?
Thanks for sharing.

I would have thought that the tracks would make parts of that machine a bit pointless. The rear jacks would not really be needed as the tracks would already be stable enough. plus I may be wrong but tracks would give it less ground clearance wouldn't it??? on the other hand would be quite monouverable spin it right round on the spot!!! i guess we wait and see what JCB do??!!?? :thumbs_up:

Robban_C

Post #16 by Robban_C » Fri Mar 28, 2008 11:57 pm

The tracks destroys the ground more than wheels do when turning. You know what happens if you spin a tracked digger around on a lawn without lifting the undercarriage.
Volvo EC45 PRO -06
Volvo EC35 -01
MB-Trac 800 turbo
Bigab 10-14 hook lift trailer
MF 3165, Poor Ferguson

Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/RobbanxC

Return to “Misc earthmoving equipment”