Side Loading of Machines

Discuss equipment which does not fit in in the other forums here, like cable cranes, material handlers, drilling, piling and screen equipment

v8detroit
Flag: Ireland

Re: Side Loading of Machines

Post #11 by v8detroit » Wed Oct 06, 2010 9:33 pm

Robban_C wrote:Ok, now I saw the mount of the hammer on the other end of the undercarriage.
So, it´s a smart way of bringing the hammer to and from the workplace or why do you put it there?
Do you reach right in under the undercarriage to bring the hammer there?

you put the hammer under the front of the machine for speed you don`t need to chain it .it can`t go anywhere.

Topic author
Nick Drew

Post #12 by Nick Drew » Wed Oct 06, 2010 9:44 pm

v8detroit wrote:
Robban_C wrote:Ok, now I saw the mount of the hammer on the other end of the undercarriage.
So, it´s a smart way of bringing the hammer to and from the workplace or why do you put it there?
Do you reach right in under the undercarriage to bring the hammer there?

you put the hammer under the front of the machine for speed you don`t need to chain it .it can`t go anywhere.

Exactly John :thumbup:

Great to see you here on CMN ..Looking forward to more posts from you :thumbup:

Nick

§wishy

Post #13 by §wishy » Tue Oct 12, 2010 12:19 pm

how the folding gooseneck low loader works with a mecanical driven winch

Image Clik here

ImageClik here

:backto:

More Side loading

ImageClik here

cya
§wishy
HasBeen

FOWLER MAN
Flag: Wales

Post #14 by FOWLER MAN » Tue Oct 12, 2010 11:28 pm

Hin All,
We almost always loaded over the side, whether it was a Drott, a D8 or a 22RB. Some times if it was a short move we didn't even bother to turn the navys on the bed, and carried them cross carrage.
Sometimes with a 4 in 1 shovel, if it was a bit steep getting on we would hook the clam over the far side of the trailer and pull it on.
There was good reason for side loading in those days!!!
There were no hydraulics on the trailers.The trailers were lifted with ratchet jacks and 5 ft. bars to release the weight off the 2 pairs of back wheels, which were then manhandled out of the way.(impossible on a slope)
The trailer was then lowered to the ground with the ratchet jacks to load the machine and the whole process reversed to replace the wheels.
I,ve even had to block the trailer and use the loaded machine (22RB) to lift the wheels back into place on one occasion when I had to load on a gradient. (Good job there was nothing overhead). Of course unloading would be a reversal of the loading procedure.
Everything was much the same with the first of the knock out neck trailers too, they also required manual jacking.
Thats why everyone loaded over the side whenever possible. Saved a lot of work!!!
Fred

topkit
Flag: Great Britain

Post #15 by topkit » Tue Oct 12, 2010 11:48 pm

A few years ago i watched a machine swap over take place on a Wimpey Building site not with a 360 machine but a JCB 3C MKIII being unloaded and a 3C MKII being loaded, i wish i had a camera with me, i can't say i have ever seen it done since then but it was an interesting watch.

Return to “Misc earthmoving equipment”