Farm forklifts

Discuss fork lifts here

Topic author
Cx5
Flag: Great Britain

Farm forklifts

Post #1 by Cx5 » Fri Jul 22, 2016 3:41 pm

I've been rummaging in my slide collection for new machines that we have had on our farm over the years.
First up a Coventry Climax 2.5TT two wheel drive, new on the arm in 1981 from Collings Bros of Abbotstsley. It Replaced a Bonser LS55

I'm using an "ION slides forever digital" scanner to transfer slides to digital which cost under £40, whilst not brilliant quality it does unlock media that would be stuck in the slide box forever more.

Jeremy Rowland

Re: Farm forklifts

Post #2 by Jeremy Rowland » Fri Jul 22, 2016 10:53 pm

Great stuff Michael many thanks for sharing. :thumbup:

Jeremy

Topic author
Cx5
Flag: Great Britain

Re: Farm forklifts

Post #3 by Cx5 » Sun Jul 24, 2016 4:08 pm

Out of the slide box, Our first specific farm handler after a tractor mounted fore end loader was a Bonser LS55 with a David Brown engine. Other refinement included a bit of free lift mast which helped with loading out of a lean to type grain store.But you still had to watch it closely. To be honest it was good on hard and dry surfaces but not so hot in slippery conditions like mucking out catttle yards but I suppose a great leap forward from a MF135 with a loader and a manual trip muck fork.

Loading a David Ramply bulker of Ramply and Timms grain merchants who operated from Alconbury Hill I think they sold out Elders when a lot of consolidation was happening in the grain merchanting business.
Making the leap to flat eight bale handling which required investment in a Cooks of Yaxley bale sledge and a grab for the fork lift which had to have all the points ground as they were too broad and would catch the string on bales and ping.
Supplied through Harlocks of Thorney, Peterborough.

Return to “Fork Lifts”