lancer Boss parts wanted

Discuss fork lifts here

Topic author
john-joe
Flag: Great Britain

lancer Boss parts wanted

Post #1 by john-joe » Sun Nov 15, 2015 8:39 pm

I have a lancer boss HD 10 I think it is . I need parts for the brakes but don't seem to be able to find them . Any help would be appreciated

Topic author
john-joe

Re: lancer Boss parts wanted

Post #2 by john-joe » Sun Nov 15, 2015 8:41 pm

If I knew the make and name of of that part I may be able to internet search for it

Jeremy Rowland

Post #3 by Jeremy Rowland » Sun Nov 15, 2015 10:03 pm

It may be worth your while searching for Lancer Boss/Lucas Girling brake components; that's the way that I would tackle the issue to start with, somebody is bound to have a kit for that master cylinder?

I would also look for local forklift truck agents/service they may just point you in the right direction or be able to supply you with the parts.

Jeremy

Topic author
john-joe

Post #4 by john-joe » Sun Nov 15, 2015 10:40 pm

Jeremy Rowland wrote:It may be worth your while searching for Lancer Boss/Lucas Girling brake components; that's the way that I would tackle the issue to start with, somebody is bound to have a kit for that master cylinder?

I would also look for local forklift truck agents/service they may just point you in the right direction or be able to supply you with the parts.

Jeremy

Thanks Jeremy , I will try searching now . Do you think it's made by Lucas Girling ? . It's not the master cylinder . This is fixed on the back plate and operates the wheel cylinder mechanically

Jeremy Rowland

Post #5 by Jeremy Rowland » Sun Nov 15, 2015 11:11 pm

John-Joe I am only guessing by looking at the pictures that you have posted; I thought it was the master cylinder, however if it is a wheel cylinder or a master cylinder there is a good chance that it was made by Lucas Girling because they made brake components for many different applications amongst other things too. Good luck with your hunt!

Jeremy

mynachdy
Flag: Wales

Post #6 by mynachdy » Fri Dec 04, 2015 11:01 am

Give us the full serial number and I should be able to help you.

Mike

edenboy

Post #7 by edenboy » Tue Jan 10, 2017 10:32 pm

Hi, have you sorted this yet? If you try HTS in Luton they have parts which they bought off Lancer Boss in Leighton Buzzard. If they haven't you can strip the thing down and see if there's a part numbers on the u cup oil seals which you will be able to match up on line. You'll probably fine it's the make Lockheed or something. If you can get seals you'll need to purchase a mini honing tool to smooth out the cylinder and remove any rust. After that it will need polishing. I used a drill bit in a drill with a rag round it and a bar of metal polish. Worked a treat. Hope that helps. One other option it to use a land rover or MGB master cylinder and adapt the pipe fittings.

Return to “Fork Lifts”