Coventry Climax 2.5 rough terrain fork lift 1988

Discuss fork lifts here

Topic author
longreach1976
Posts: 18
Joined: Sat Aug 26, 2017 12:13 pm
Real name: John Welford
Location: North Yorkshire
Been thanked: 1 time
Flag: Great Britain

Coventry Climax 2.5 rough terrain fork lift 1988

Post #1 by longreach1976 » Sat Sep 05, 2020 5:06 pm

Hi wonder if anyone can help i have the above forklift mostly working alright but the power sterring goes stiff hard to turn i have changed the hydraulic filters i also require a hydraulic rem end like a track rod end look forward to reply


Jeremy Rowland
Moderator
Posts: 7770
Joined: Sun Aug 05, 2007 8:36 pm
Real name: Jeremy Rowland
Has thanked: 1431 times
Been thanked: 1269 times

Re: Coventry Climax 2.5 rough terrain fork lift 1988

Post #2 by Jeremy Rowland » Sat Sep 05, 2020 10:23 pm

When does the steering tend to get stiff, is this after the machine has been used for a while and is quite warm? I was wondering if the power steering fluid pump is worn out? As I am not familiar with this machine I am just firing off a few suggestions which may or may not apply, is the power steering pump belt driven and if so is the belt tension correct?
Are the trucks kingpins badly worn, because that could also cause the steering to go tight? Does the steering become stiff over rough land or on any type of surface?
Just a few suggestions and questions that may help somebody on here to point you in the right direction.

Jeremy

User avatar

mynachdy
Posts: 7
Joined: Fri Jun 10, 2011 5:29 pm
Real name: Mike
Been thanked: 2 times
Flag: Wales

Re: Coventry Climax 2.5 rough terrain fork lift 1988

Post #3 by mynachdy » Sun Sep 06, 2020 2:18 pm

Please let me know the full model and serial number and I will take a look in the parts catalogue. We may have the rod end in stock.


Topic author
longreach1976
Posts: 18
Joined: Sat Aug 26, 2017 12:13 pm
Real name: John Welford
Location: North Yorkshire
Been thanked: 1 time
Flag: Great Britain

Re: Coventry Climax 2.5 rough terrain fork lift 1988

Post #4 by longreach1976 » Sun Sep 06, 2020 2:52 pm

mynachdy wrote:Please let me know the full model and serial number and I will take a look in the parts catalogue. We may have the rod end in stock.

Hi Mike Its a coventry Climax Model TT 2.5 Serial no 62350163
If you have it can you send me a picture of it to my email address longreach1976@gmail.com if you can


Topic author
longreach1976
Posts: 18
Joined: Sat Aug 26, 2017 12:13 pm
Real name: John Welford
Location: North Yorkshire
Been thanked: 1 time
Flag: Great Britain

Re: Coventry Climax 2.5 rough terrain fork lift 1988

Post #5 by longreach1976 » Sun Sep 06, 2020 2:59 pm

Jeremy Rowland wrote:When does the steering tend to get stiff, is this after the machine has been used for a while and is quite warm? I was wondering if the power steering fluid pump is worn out? As I am not familiar with this machine I am just firing off a few suggestions which may or may not apply, is the power steering pump belt driven and if so is the belt tension correct?
Are the trucks kingpins badly worn, because that could also cause the steering to go tight? Does the steering become stiff over rough land or on any type of surface?
Just a few suggestions and questions that may help somebody on here to point you in the right direction.

Jeremy

Hi Jeremy thanks for the reply the steering works off the main pump driven off font of engine connected direct to crankshaft like a JCB the hydraulic forks work fine its just the steering is stiff some times i was thinking does it work off a shuttle valve


Jeremy Rowland
Moderator
Posts: 7770
Joined: Sun Aug 05, 2007 8:36 pm
Real name: Jeremy Rowland
Has thanked: 1431 times
Been thanked: 1269 times

Re: Coventry Climax 2.5 rough terrain fork lift 1988

Post #6 by Jeremy Rowland » Sun Sep 06, 2020 7:28 pm

John I am certainly no expert, when the steering goes tight does it feel like the hydraulics have temporarily stopped working or is it just stiff for a while? If it's the hydraulics it could be a valve issue, does it just happen in one direction or both?

Jeremy


Topic author
longreach1976
Posts: 18
Joined: Sat Aug 26, 2017 12:13 pm
Real name: John Welford
Location: North Yorkshire
Been thanked: 1 time
Flag: Great Britain

Re: Coventry Climax 2.5 rough terrain fork lift 1988

Post #7 by longreach1976 » Tue Sep 08, 2020 11:12 am

longreach1976 wrote:
mynachdy wrote:Please let me know the full model and serial number and I will take a look in the parts catalogue. We may have the rod end in stock.

Hi Mike Its a coventry Climax Model TT 2.5 Serial no 62350163
If you have it can you send me a picture of it to my email address longreach1976@gmail.com if you can


Topic author
longreach1976
Posts: 18
Joined: Sat Aug 26, 2017 12:13 pm
Real name: John Welford
Location: North Yorkshire
Been thanked: 1 time
Flag: Great Britain

Re: Coventry Climax 2.5 rough terrain fork lift 1988

Post #8 by longreach1976 » Wed Sep 09, 2020 7:50 pm

longreach1976 wrote:
mynachdy wrote:Please let me know the full model and serial number and I will take a look in the parts catalogue. We may have the rod end in stock.

Hi Mike Its a coventry Climax Model TT 2.5 Serial no 62350163
If you have it can you send me a picture of it to my email address longreach1976@gmail.com if you can


Topic author
longreach1976
Posts: 18
Joined: Sat Aug 26, 2017 12:13 pm
Real name: John Welford
Location: North Yorkshire
Been thanked: 1 time
Flag: Great Britain

Re: Coventry Climax 2.5 rough terrain fork lift 1988

Post #9 by longreach1976 » Wed Sep 09, 2020 7:50 pm

Hi mynachdy have you got the part


Topic author
longreach1976
Posts: 18
Joined: Sat Aug 26, 2017 12:13 pm
Real name: John Welford
Location: North Yorkshire
Been thanked: 1 time
Flag: Great Britain

Re: Coventry Climax 2.5 rough terrain fork lift 1988

Post #10 by longreach1976 » Sat Sep 12, 2020 6:29 pm

Hi Mike have you got part for my forklift


Return to “Fork Lifts”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests