AVRO Vulcan restoration Primetime video production

New releases and reviews here

Topic author
martyn williams

AVRO Vulcan restoration Primetime video production

Post #1 by martyn williams » Mon Dec 05, 2011 6:09 pm

Just been watching the first part of four DVD's on the Vulcan restoration. I have always been interested in aircraft but the Vulcan is something special only rivaled by Concorde.
I had guessed that there was a hell of lot of work going into a restoration of this magnitude but this DVD goes into great detail of this classic aircrafts restoration.
The amount of work carried out is phenominal and very interesting as some of the methods of non destructive testing used is the same as I have been involved with in the rail industry such as ultrasonics and dye penatration.
Got a few days off now so looking forward to viewing the rest of the series :thumbup:
Great DVD documenting a very important restoration of an engineering icon
[video]http://youtu.be/klGNxKOTMLI[/video]
Martyn

niner

Re: AVRO Vulcan restoration Primetime video production

Post #2 by niner » Mon Dec 05, 2011 6:57 pm

Brilliant, are the DVD's for sale?

I also have a keen interest in aviation, aside for my die cast construction collection I also collect 1:72 scale corgi aviation models, some cracking models. I have the vulcan in there, 25th anniversary of the Falklands edition.

Topic author
martyn williams

Post #3 by martyn williams » Tue Dec 06, 2011 5:52 pm

Saw the last DVD of the set today.A great record of the restoration :thumbup:
The dedication and hard work of the restoration team was fantastic. I filmed a Vulcan at Exeter airport many years ago, the Vulcan has everything.its sleek lines,the incredible noise it makes. You would not believe that it was made in the 1950's , it looks so advanced.
Well done to Steve and co at Primetime for making a very interesting dvd
Martyn

Please note
For details about this DVD on the Vulcan restoration,click on plant DVD advert on the top of this page to order any DVD from Primetime video.

MGI

Post #4 by MGI » Wed Jan 04, 2012 9:32 am

It seems so strange that these things now require restoring... it doesn't seem that long ago that as I was driving home at weekends from a job I was on in Oxford-shire there was about 20 of them parked up in a state of constant readiness at an aerodrome just outside Stow on the Wold!

modelman093
Flag: Great Britain

Post #5 by modelman093 » Wed Jan 04, 2012 12:02 pm

B100 LOADER wrote:Just been watching the first part of four DVD's on the Vulcan restoration. I have always been interested in aircraft but the Vulcan is something special only rivaled by Concorde.
I had guessed that there was a hell of lot of work going into a restoration of this magnitude but this DVD goes into great detail of this classic aircrafts restoration.
The amount of work carried out is phenominal and very interesting as some of the methods of non destructive testing used is the same as I have been involved with in the rail industry such as ultrasonics and dye penatration.
Got a few days off now so looking forward to viewing the rest of the series :thumbup:
Great DVD documenting a very important restoration of an engineering icon
[video]http://youtu.be/klGNxKOTMLI[/video]
Martyn

Treated myself to the set for Christmas viewing and am not disappointed.A great record of a great aircraft and a great project. For tractor men there's even a County pulling/pushing it in and out of the hanger!
Angus

Return to “New releases/reviews”