Galway's first model and diorama show

Have you visited a model show/event? Share your photos and information from the show here!
You can also announce shows/events in this forum, they will show up in the calendar!

Topic author
MurexMike

Galway's first model and diorama show

Post #1 by MurexMike » Sat Feb 26, 2011 3:40 pm

Hi all, sorry about the short notice but to anyone who's interested, there's a model and diorama show 27th Feb(which is tomorrow, I know) Clayton Hotel Galway{Ireland), very close to end of N6 motorway. Doors open from 11am. Quite a few exhibitors as well as custom model makers expected.

gbarnewall

Re: Galway's first model and diorama show

Post #2 by gbarnewall » Sat Feb 26, 2011 4:29 pm

Good to hear Mike,not been to many outside Dublin,last model show I went to was one held in the Luis Fitzgerald hotel not far from me,beside McCormick MacNaughton's old dealership,

Will you be attending yourself,just looking or displaying? would love to see photos

Topic author
MurexMike

Post #3 by MurexMike » Mon Feb 28, 2011 5:07 pm

Sorry Graham, thought I had the camera in the jeep on the way in but got there to find I'd left it behind. Just went to expand my collection, if it returns I'll definately book a table for a display.All in all, a good show. Mostly 1:32 scale farming layouts but I love diecast of all shapes and scales so was happy just to get a show on my doorstep. Met plant and haulage owners alike who I never would have put down to be collectors, great to see. One thing I'm slightly annoyed about is the way models in boxes are treated, in what I'm assuming is the ferrying of them from show to show. As a collector, I expect to see mint unopened boxes, yet alot of what I see from many of the same sellers we see at every show are boxes torn, worn and abused and models themselves scratched from been repeatedly taken out of the boxes, wasn't short of telling a few of them that too but saying that was very pleased with the selection

cat365clme
Flag: Great Britain

Post #4 by cat365clme » Tue Mar 01, 2011 1:38 pm

We traveled down from the north to the show i had the same problem forgot the camera show was ok but i myself would like to have seen more 1/50 scale set ups but the 2 1/50 scale dioramas i seen were first class there is a show in carlow on the 12 and 13 march i hope there will be more 1/50 scale dioramas at the show

Return to “Models Events/Show reports”