1/32 Fiat Iveco Stepdeck

Discuss haulage models here

Topic author
JD450A

1/32 Fiat Iveco Stepdeck

Post #1 by JD450A » Wed Jul 13, 2011 11:08 pm

A nice new britains lorry project.

Started a while ago and started painting and building the trailer tonight, quite pleased with it so far, will probably fall apart when I put anything on the back :lol:

It's supposedly 1/32 (britains) But personally I think it looks better alongside 1/35 models. certianly looks ..... alongside britains JCB 3cx. Hence tonight I brought a nice NGZ/Conrad JCB 3CX Needs tidying but it'll look much better than the britains........
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Martyn Henley
Flag: Great Britain

Re: 1/32 Fiat Iveco Stepdeck

Post #2 by Martyn Henley » Thu Jul 14, 2011 7:29 pm

Hi Rory, you are right about scales, but there is not a lot in it .... try this, 1metre (1000mm) ..dived by 35 and the answer is 285mm ... that gives you the measurement for 1/35th scale of a metre, try the same 1 metre divide by 32 equals 312 mm ... so the difference is 27mm.

Trailer looks good :thumbup:

Martyn

Topic author
JD450A

Re: 1/32 Fiat Iveco Stepdeck

Post #3 by JD450A » Thu Jul 14, 2011 9:24 pm

Martyn Henley wrote:Hi Rory, you are right about scales, but there is not a lot in it .... try this, 1metre (1000mm) ..dived by 35 and the answer is 285mm ... that gives you the measurement for 1/35th scale of a metre, try the same 1 metre divide by 32 equals 312 mm ... so the difference is 27mm.

Trailer looks good :thumbup:

Martyn

Heh, 27mm sounds like alot. Have you seen britains new 3cx model, was toying with getting one but it still has a horrible fake extendahoe and the bloody ugly front bucket links. :doh:

Trailer has come on tonight and I've tryed to make it look abit used and resprayed, Not sure if I've decided on the right colours, as the yellow trailer headboard just don't look right on a black + grey trailer, I might even cut off the headboard, not sure.

Edit***
Mostly finished and I'm happy with the point it's at. Trailer looks too long for single axle but this is because I intend to add another at some point, Don't like the paint job too much but it'll soon look wrecked I hope :D

Waiting for my Old 3cx to come now, and the new buckets :thumbup:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Haulage models”