Wheel Loader - Right Choice????

Discuss wheel loaders here

Topic author
Danny-boy

Wheel Loader - Right Choice????

Post #1 by Danny-boy » Fri Sep 13, 2013 4:53 pm

Hi,

I am at a verge of setting up my stockpiling outfit for sand.

I intend to make a small start-up then expand gradually. I will start with just a loader and probably hire a couple of 20tons dump trucks locally.
From my preliminary calculations using a wet factor of 2.08, I have about 78,000Metric tons of sand to pack and stock pile 15Km away from the river. From my 3 years research, this exercise will be done when the river is completely dry and accessible to the proposed heavy equipment.

My main challenge is to be able to identify a suitable wheel loader (in terms of type, model, capacity and lists of often replaceable parts) that I can purchase to fit my current requirement? I am bias on CAT products for obvious reasons as availability of service/maintenance experts and spare parts.

Can someone please offer a word or two on the above challenge?

Many thanks.

Danny

martyn williams

Re: Wheel Loader - Right Choice????

Post #2 by martyn williams » Fri Sep 13, 2013 7:03 pm

Perhaps a lease arrangement on the machine would be the best option. as part of the deal you may/ will get a maintenance / breakdown cover within that contract. Second hand machines can be good, but could also be a money pit.New machines are pretty expensive to purchace out right and depteciate.
Hire a machine that could do the job, hire companies then would look after maintenance and breakdowns.
Cat gear is good but expensive try other companies. Chepstow plant have a few good used loaders including Cat equipment.
Perhaps a demo machine would be an option ? I would check up on a few companies on what they can offer , shop around.
Good luck
Martyn

KWDLDK

Post #3 by KWDLDK » Thu Sep 19, 2013 10:50 pm

Will the shovel be working in the stock pile yard only, ?..Where in the world are you

JimInOz
Flag: Australia

Post #4 by JimInOz » Fri Oct 04, 2013 11:37 am

A local company uses a fleet of new & old Volvos for their sand & gravel operations.They have pits around this rural region & stockpile it in a location in town.

A couple of other locals use Volvos too.
I'm impressed by one bloke who uses a Volvo loader with 4in1 & rippers to dig dams.The ground here is tight clay & the loader does a good job in good time.Most dams here are sunk by dozer or excavator,so it's good to see this loader at work.

Jim

shirtbox2003

Post #5 by shirtbox2003 » Fri Oct 04, 2013 8:04 pm

as kwdldk asks will the machine be used in the stock yard to out load only or will it be used to both inload and outload. eg, 78000 tonnes out @ 20 tonne a time over 12 months on a 5 day week is 15 loads per day.so if its in and out then double,or any combination.a decent used Volvo,cat,komatsu are the premier choices and then jcb,hyundai or Doosan. as you don't specify how quikly the sand needs moving and how big the margin of profit,or wether the job is one off or continuing these calculations are for a 12 month period,(estimated not calculated).regards,jack preston.

altuslift

Post #6 by altuslift » Thu Nov 21, 2013 10:31 am

Great.. First of all I wish you all the best for your business. I would like you to suggest please design your website and publish it online. So that your business would grow 50% more.

Return to “Wheel Loaders”