John Deere and Michigan

Discuss wheel loaders here

Topic author
TaylorLambert

John Deere and Michigan

Post #1 by TaylorLambert » Thu Apr 12, 2012 3:27 am

Heres a JD loader with a rake on a site in Florida. With the sand down there near the coast the wheel loaders with rake are more common than dozers.

And heres a sad old Michigan rigid frame with part of a ripper set up on back.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

XS650
Flag: Great Britain

Re: John Deere and Michigan

Post #2 by XS650 » Thu Apr 12, 2012 12:46 pm

Hi Taylor
Saw a lot of loaders with rake buckets when I was in Florida few years back , what are they for exactly ?
Craig
Not all those who wander are lost.

Topic author
TaylorLambert

Post #3 by TaylorLambert » Fri Apr 13, 2012 2:29 am

I got to see alot of them in use, The soil there is mostly sand. It doesnt take alot to grub brush like Brazilian pepper and Palmetto, cacti and live oak. I had a friend down there that let me take a spin on his bosses 645 AC with a rake. THey call them stacking rakes. You can pile a nice dirt free brush pile. Plus the rubber tires wear like tracks. Lotshad couplers to change out between a rake and bucket. One outfit had just a loader, tandem axle dump truck, and a Huber grader. Not dozer included. THey loaded the and with the loader and would dump it out by the truck load. Then in the evening or next day the loader would come in and rough spread the fill and Then the Huber would finish the pad. For aggregate they use ground oyster and shell fish shells and then rolled in with the loader.

What part of Florida did you visit? We want to work our way all around it. Here in Mississippi We dont use loaders that much. My brother has a 910 Cat. The county has a Fiat Allis 545, and theres the odd Dresser and a few 544 Deere.

stenejohn

Post #4 by stenejohn » Wed Apr 18, 2012 12:08 pm

I got some new kind of wheel loaders which are i never saw in the past.
Its really a great information about wheel loaders.

Thank you.
Wheel Loaders for sale

Return to “Wheel Loaders”