Caterpillar 922 Traxcavator

Discuss wheel loaders here

Topic author
richgriff

Caterpillar 922 Traxcavator

Post #1 by richgriff » Wed Feb 16, 2011 10:38 pm

This Caterpillar has been in our family from new.She still starts well and could quite easily do a days work.When my family sold Cwmynyscoy Quarry in Pontypool, the Cat was bought to work a new quarry at Trellech,above Monmouth.My Dad had a fleet of tippers at the time,so it was difficult to juggle both. The quarry was sold and the Cat worked extensively throughout Monmouthshire on roadbuilding projects. The last job I remember was widening the road between,Usk and Little Mill.The wide verge created is still there overgrown ,never completed.These photos were taken at the end of summer 2010.I have included a couple of her clearing snow on top of the Keepers,Blaenavon and down a lane somewhere in Monmouthshire.Sorry about the quality of some of the photos.I am hoping to get a couple with a snowblower attached, blowing snow.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Rusted

Re: Caterpillar 922 Traxcavator

Post #2 by Rusted » Thu Feb 24, 2011 11:42 am

Nice straight old girl, a very early early B series by the looks when they still had the turbo motor.

Topic author
richgriff

Re: Caterpillar 922 Traxcavator

Post #3 by richgriff » Tue Mar 01, 2011 9:16 pm

Rusted wrote:Nice straight old girl, a very early early B series by the looks when they still had the turbo motor.

Yes Rusted.She`s a powerful machine with a turbocharged engine. Back in the mid 80`s she had a Ford 6 cylinder diesel driven snowblower on the front. She would stall the engine if you drove too hard into the snow,later we had a Deutz driven blower which also second best to the Cat.For her size a really well built,robust and powerful old girl.

Return to “Wheel Loaders”