Chaseside

Discuss wheel loaders here

essexpete

Re: Chaseside

Post #131 by essexpete » Mon May 12, 2014 9:52 pm

Mechman - Norman were the Chasesides that you owned rear wheel drives?

mechman
Flag: Great Britain

Post #132 by mechman » Tue May 13, 2014 1:34 am

They were both rear wheel drive but no idea of year of manufacture possibly late 60s .I bought them off a coal dock in sunderland in 1977 & they,d had a good innings then
Norm

Topic author
XS650
Flag: Great Britain

Post #133 by XS650 » Tue May 13, 2014 10:12 am

essexpete wrote:Not sure why I have bought it really, I certainly do not need it but it could be an occasional back up to telehandler (may be :D ) I suppose I would like to find at least the lower rear panel or possibly make one, a whole cab would be nice. It started life registered in Essex (Chlemsford) and there is a very slim chance that it could have been Dad's machine. I expected it will sit under the barn with an unrestored Weatherill. :roll:

Looks a nice machine and no more than scrap value really nice to see it saved :thumbup: , of course then theres the transport etc
Craig
Not all those who wander are lost.

essexpete

Post #134 by essexpete » Tue May 13, 2014 11:39 pm

mechman wrote:They were both rear wheel drive but no idea of year of manufacture possibly late 60s .I bought them off a coal dock in sunderland in 1977 & they,d had a good innings then
Norm

They were probably older than that then. Late 50s early 60s.

essexpete

Post #135 by essexpete » Tue May 13, 2014 11:46 pm

XS650 wrote:
essexpete wrote:Not sure why I have bought it really, I certainly do not need it but it could be an occasional back up to telehandler (may be :D ) I suppose I would like to find at least the lower rear panel or possibly make one, a whole cab would be nice. It started life registered in Essex (Chlemsford) and there is a very slim chance that it could have been Dad's machine. I expected it will sit under the barn with an unrestored Weatherill. :roll:

Looks a nice machine and no more than scrap value really nice to see it saved :thumbup: , of course then theres the transport etc
Craig

Thanks Craig, I got it home very reasonably thanks to Guy I knew at primary school. I had a good day with him reminiscing.
I have spent a few hours fiddling about and got the brakes working, although the hand brake lever is seized. Got grease into every nipple I found (except the h/brake lever). Surprising how well it drives and steers. Made a big difference topping up p/s res and blowing up front tires. Brother came today and he had a shunt about with a big grin on his face.
Should pick up cab an bucket this week ( more than half what I paid for loader :dizzy: )

essexpete

Post #136 by essexpete » Sun Jun 01, 2014 12:03 am

Can anyone say what was the correct colour of the 1950s Chasesides? Some appear to have been a dark orange/brown almost like red oxide, some bright orange and some yellow. Dad remembers a dark orange brown but there seem to be all colours underneath the yellow on my one.

Thanks

ps not ready to paint for the next ten years but just wondering! :D

Jeremy Rowland

Post #137 by Jeremy Rowland » Sun Jun 01, 2014 12:41 am

essexpete wrote:Can anyone say what was the correct colour of the 1950s Chasesides? Some appear to have been a dark orange/brown almost like red oxide, some bright orange and some yellow. Dad remembers a dark orange brown but there seem to be all colours underneath the yellow on my one.

Thanks

ps not ready to paint for the next ten years but just wondering! :D

Pete both colours may have been included in the livery many early Hymacs were yellow but others were mostly the lime green colour with various different shades, as the company years progressed the livery changed again. From a personal point of view I always feel that a livery change for any company is a big mistake people get used to associating companies with individual liveries so changing them is bad news; I think perhaps a 'one off' that stands out in the crowd is okay but generally keep your company in the public eye by maintaining the same livery, just my opinion.

Jeremy

essexpete

Post #138 by essexpete » Sun Jun 01, 2014 11:09 pm

Thanks Jeremy but I was wondering if the orange was a bright colour or dark orange /brown?

shirtbox2003

Post #139 by shirtbox2003 » Sat Jun 07, 2014 10:41 pm

Anyone looking for Chaseside orJCB spares or machines.contact Warwick Ward of Barnsley they have most parts and reasonable to,ask for Trevor Ward. or e-mail trevorward@warwick-ward.com

essexpete

Post #140 by essexpete » Mon Jun 16, 2014 11:59 pm

Found this: http://www.quarryfaces.org.uk/films/video4.php

Quite a good show of the old rope shovel.

Return to “Wheel Loaders”