Chaseside

Discuss wheel loaders here

essexpete

Re: Chaseside

Post #31 by essexpete » Wed Feb 24, 2010 1:13 am

Exactly so, that what Dad said when I said to him about the picture on here.

Holger
Site Admin
Flag: Sweden

Post #32 by Holger » Wed Mar 10, 2010 12:57 pm

Chaseside Loadmaster 500, around '55, based on Fordson with Perkins
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Some resources:
How-To

essexpete

Post #33 by essexpete » Wed Mar 10, 2010 1:34 pm

Cracking photos Holger. That looks like it may be painted in the original Chaseside orange before the industry yellow was adopted. Mods to the front hood (bonnet) indicate lack of airflow which could, i believe, be a problem at times.

Thanks

pk1200

Post #34 by pk1200 » Thu Mar 11, 2010 12:35 am

yes thanks for posting these great photos Holger.Where and when were they taken?

Holger
Site Admin
Flag: Sweden

Post #35 by Holger » Thu Mar 11, 2010 9:37 am

They are from Sweden, from a classifieds site - so the pics are rather new.
Some resources:
How-To

tim1casa

Post #36 by tim1casa » Thu Jun 03, 2010 8:22 am

I've just acquired a Chaseside LM700. Its in reasonable condition considering its age, however it will need a set of new kingpins and bushes. I was told that the front axles etc are derived from a lorry. Does anybody have any idea or information about them, or where I could source replacement sets. I am expecting to have to get them made from scratch, which will be OK. but obviously I would prefer a set off the shelf if poss.

essexpete

Post #37 by essexpete » Fri Jun 04, 2010 12:45 am

Did you by the one in Suffick on ebay?

I think it would be hard to match anything. I wonder if it would be possible to graft on some axle ends from a commercial scrapper.
Has it got the manual gearbox and power assisted steering?

tim1casa

Post #38 by tim1casa » Fri Jun 04, 2010 10:41 am

essexpete wrote:Did you by the one in Suffick on ebay?

I think it would be hard to match anything. I wonder if it would be possible to graft on some axle ends from a commercial scrapper.
Has it got the manual gearbox and power assisted steering?

That's right. I collected it from Lowestoft yesterday, and it's now parked up at my workshop in Stanway, Colchester. The platework is a bit tatty, so I'll do some welding on the cab and re-glaze 3 panels, and knock out the front radiator bonnet, but rather than drilling holes in it, I will fit an electric fan in front of the radiator to assist cooling.(Having read in this forum that there could be overheating problems)

I have a job for it to go to in Spain, so I would like it tidy as poss, without spending silly money. Obviously the king pins are shot, it had the original power steering unit replaced by a DAF unit, much stronger I believe, as has been the hydraulic pump. It has a manual operated gearbox, starts and runs reasonably well. Needs lights, dials and electrics sorting out, but that is fairly easy as all is available from Agriline. Then a spot of paint.

Topic author
XS650
Flag: Great Britain

Post #39 by XS650 » Fri Jun 04, 2010 11:57 am

Wonder if giving their liking for Ford parts any of the Thames Trader axle parts fit , I know one of the Brit makers fitted Trader axles as standard to the front of their Major based loaders .
Doing it up for a job in Spain , given the transport costs wouldn't it be easier to buy something cheap over there ?
Not all those who wander are lost.

tim1casa

Post #40 by tim1casa » Fri Jun 04, 2010 4:02 pm

Thanks for the advice. when I take them off, I'll try and contact a classic lorry spares dealer, and see if they are the same

As regards Spain, I'm also taking another tractor back, and repatriating our Nissan terrano, as it is LHD, and has Spanish plates. so it will be one load hopefully. Finding a machine in Spain is difficult, they are not cheap, and most have had their linkages destroyed on the hard terrain. I'm not the first person, by any means, to follow this route.

Return to “Wheel Loaders”