Weatherill

Discuss wheel loaders here
User avatar

Topic author
XS650
Posts: 1902
Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2008 3:22 pm
Real name: craig
Location: North Yorks
Has thanked: 133 times
Been thanked: 341 times
Flag: Great Britain

Re: Weatherill

Post #321 by XS650 » Tue Oct 30, 2018 8:52 pm

Basic but working hard Weatherill12H , still from 'The Professionals' in one of them coal and scrap yards that have all but disappeared.

Image

vlcsnap-2018-10-04-19h25m29s490.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Not all those who wander are lost.


essexpete
Posts: 3531
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2007 12:43 am
Real name: essexpete
Has thanked: 709 times
Been thanked: 517 times

Re: Weatherill

Post #322 by essexpete » Thu Nov 01, 2018 12:40 am

The old D series in the background had a hiding!. The 12H is so similar to the one I drove as a kid. No power steering, hit and miss Brockhouse transmission but quite fast hydraulics. Thanks


essexpete
Posts: 3531
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2007 12:43 am
Real name: essexpete
Has thanked: 709 times
Been thanked: 517 times

Re: Weatherill

Post #323 by essexpete » Wed Jun 12, 2019 5:58 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rsdFgyK ... e=youtu.be

Quite a late 12H by the GRP panels and rear weight type.
s-l1600 (2).jpg
s-l1600 (3).jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.


Jonah.
Posts: 12
Joined: Tue Feb 18, 2020 10:50 am
Real name: Simon Jones
Has thanked: 2 times
Flag: Great Britain

Re: Weatherill

Post #324 by Jonah. » Tue Feb 18, 2020 11:20 am

Hi just wondering if anybody could help me.
I’ve just bought a 12HB Weatherill which has no drive at all. It has a twin disc transmission. Has anybody got any idea. Any information would be very appreciated.
Cheers


Jeremy Rowland
Moderator
Posts: 8163
Joined: Sun Aug 05, 2007 8:36 pm
Real name: Jeremy Rowland
Has thanked: 1594 times
Been thanked: 1480 times

Re: Weatherill

Post #325 by Jeremy Rowland » Tue Feb 18, 2020 11:50 am

Hi Simon and welcome :wave: there are some people on here who should be able to offer you some advice.

Jeremy


essexpete
Posts: 3531
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2007 12:43 am
Real name: essexpete
Has thanked: 709 times
Been thanked: 517 times

Re: Weatherill

Post #326 by essexpete » Tue Feb 18, 2020 10:31 pm

Jonah. wrote:Hi just wondering if anybody could help me.
I’ve just bought a 12HB Weatherill which has no drive at all. It has a twin disc transmission. Has anybody got any idea. Any information would be very appreciated.
Cheers

Have you a photo of the machine. If the machine plate is on it John Tutt, who looks in occasionally, may be able to date it.
The lack of drive could be any number of things. Have you checked the oil and state of oil in the transmission?


essexpete
Posts: 3531
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2007 12:43 am
Real name: essexpete
Has thanked: 709 times
Been thanked: 517 times

Re: Weatherill

Post #327 by essexpete » Tue Feb 18, 2020 10:43 pm

john wrote:Hi Pete hope you had a good Christmas?
ref Robs 12HB/D
The 12HB was fitted with a Ford 5000 engine and would be prior to 1967, after this date the machine became the 12HD and would have been fitted with a Ford 2712E engine.
looking at the pictures the machine must have had front axle trouble as it has been fitted with a 12HD front axle.


Jonah.
Posts: 12
Joined: Tue Feb 18, 2020 10:50 am
Real name: Simon Jones
Has thanked: 2 times
Flag: Great Britain

Re: Weatherill

Post #328 by Jonah. » Wed Feb 19, 2020 7:22 pm

Jeremy Rowland wrote:Hi Simon and welcome :wave: there are some people on here who should be able to offer you some advice.

Jeremy

Hi and thank you.


Jonah.
Posts: 12
Joined: Tue Feb 18, 2020 10:50 am
Real name: Simon Jones
Has thanked: 2 times
Flag: Great Britain

Re: Weatherill

Post #329 by Jonah. » Wed Feb 19, 2020 7:27 pm

essexpete wrote:
Jonah. wrote:Hi just wondering if anybody could help me.
I’ve just bought a 12HB Weatherill which has no drive at all. It has a twin disc transmission. Has anybody got any idea. Any information would be very appreciated.
Cheers

Have you a photo of the machine. If the machine plate is on it John Tutt, who looks in occasionally, may be able to date it.
The lack of drive could be any number of things. Have you checked the oil and state of oil in the transmission?

Hi and thank you.
Is there any filters/suction filter. I will get some pictures of plates. Where about do you check level ?
Cheers


essexpete
Posts: 3531
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2007 12:43 am
Real name: essexpete
Has thanked: 709 times
Been thanked: 517 times

Re: Weatherill

Post #330 by essexpete » Wed Feb 19, 2020 8:51 pm

TBH I don't know much about the twin disc but I would look around the cab floor or underneath just behind the bellhousing. The fill could be in a slightly different place. You really need some proper info on quantity, spec and procedure for checking. I have a 42H manual somewhere and they were fitted with similar trans.


Return to “Wheel Loaders”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests