Michigan 85A

Discuss wheel loaders here

Topic author
buurt

Michigan 85A

Post #1 by buurt » Wed Apr 29, 2009 9:42 am

Hi!
Ï have a Michigan-Clark 85A.
I am trying to find an identification number on it, but the plates seems to be missing.
Does anyone know where the chassis number is stamped in?

Also, I´m not sure that it is a 85A, so if anyone could identify it, I would be grateful.
150_4757767870_1.jpg

20090415233.jpg

Any idea what year it is from?

Have anice day!

Best regards Alex from Sweden.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

IANOZ

Re: Michigan 85A

Post #2 by IANOZ » Wed Apr 29, 2009 12:52 pm

Hi Buurt, Sorry cant help you with the ID plate location,but its a very tidy looking machine, Obviosly some one loved it and took good care of it .ian.

Ernie

Post #3 by Ernie » Wed Oct 28, 2009 7:38 am

Hi Buurt, Machine appears to be an 85A series II, but is similar to 75A series II and 125A series II. What is the tire size? I'm not able to help on serial # stamping if ID plates are missing. Have you checked inside cab for plates? Ernie

P.S After studying your pics more closely, I believe your machine is a75A series II. What engine? Also I noticed Q.A. for bucket. Very nice! Thanks for pics. I believe machine is mid sixties. Also you might try posting under wheel loaders to see if someone more knowledgeable than I may know serial location. Ernie

IANOZ

Post #4 by IANOZ » Wed Oct 28, 2009 12:03 pm

Hi Ernie , Your First post i see .Welcome to the forum. Probably don't expect an answer from buurt ,as he has not been back to look at this post since the 19 th of june . ian.

Topic author
buurt

Post #5 by buurt » Wed Oct 28, 2009 12:57 pm

Hi!
I am still around, the reason why i hav´nt visited is that there has been no reply until now.
I have a mail notifier when a new reply is written.

I am very grateful for answers and my Michigan is used several times a week.

The wheel size is 24" if i remember correctly.
The engine is a Volvo D 67, i suppose it was replaced many years ago.
The original engine wasn´t a very good one, according to some.
There where rebuild kits for the Volvo engines available pretty early, i was told.
There are no plates in the cab left. I can ser the holes where it used to be, but nothing is left.

I now saw an embaressing misstake:
The first picture is not of my Michigan. I took that pic from the net, for reference and missed it when I put it out on this page.
That one is not similar to mine with small differences in windows and the "tubes" on the roof.

I found some more pics of mine;

Have a nice day!
Best regards Alex
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

IANOZ

Post #6 by IANOZ » Wed Oct 28, 2009 11:40 pm

Hi Buurt , Mate good to see you are still around . You would imagine that the date on that plate would be close to the build date of the machine. I would have thought michigans would have been built in USA using US componants but the plate says made in france . I would maybe try asking the questions on the Heavy Equipment Forum and hopefully the americans could be a bit more infomation . ian.

Topic author
buurt

Post #7 by buurt » Thu Oct 29, 2009 6:15 pm

Hi!
Yes, I will try that too.
Have a nice day!
Best regards Alex

Return to “Wheel Loaders”